Initiate
Group Icon

Date: 10/23/2007
Time: 12-3 am

Preluding Work:

Spent the two previous nights sleeping with the sigil of the
spirit under my bed drawn on parchment with the pentagram of solomon drawn on
the back. Color was used to be representative of the metal for the sigil,
being a reddish orange for copper and the pentagram was done in multiple flashing
colors.

Sleep was difficult to attain and I woke both mornings feeling sore. I should
note that I am in the recovery process of cervical fracture but I would still
consider it to be an odd sore feeling. It was accompanied with a sense of
distraction and an insatiable craving for nicotine.

The Work:

I had chosen to go through the process without any protections of any kind.
First I laid down, began to relax and calm down completely before meditating
on the sigil of the spirit. Once ready I opted for a silent approach to calling
the spirit.

I "flooded" myself with the name and sigil of the entity and would regularly
expel this into the astral as an infinite expanding shell when the name and
sigil written all over it. I would alternate this approach with sending it up
like the beam of a searchlight into the sky. I repeated this more times than
I can count wanting to make damn sure that I got the spirit's attention.

As doing this I became aware of numerous not-so-pleasant figures. I filtered
out the ones that appeared insignificant by not even given their prescense
consideration for more than a moment.

In one case a particularly entity came to my attention and addressed me. The
entity never gave its name in the introduction and repeatedly dodged the
question so I discarded it as well.

Eventually the spirit in question finally answered. Initially in the appearence
of talking black mask, with a jaw similar to a ventriloquist's puppet. Initially
I had no problems with communicating with the entity in this form until I became
aware that there was something moving behind the mouth. Naturally it just had to
be something I'm terrified of, grubs and the like.

When I requested the spirit to take on a more pleasant appearence it did so, but
did such in a sort of mockery hinting that it knew what it was I wanted. It
maintained that form for a little while before adopting a more distorted version
of it, at the time I was disgruntled but undaunted, looking back it could be
the entity's way of showing me that I may not want the outcome as much I think.

The spirit agreed to the charge and I asked it about a particular aspect of the
outcome. It gave an answer that seemed reasonable and was met with delight. There
was also a sense of emotion or satisfaction with its statement that came from the
spirit, as though it had some pride for being involved.

The spirit explicitly requested a blood sacrifice in return. I inquired if this
could be figurative, and it said that such was acceptable so long as its purpose
clear and vivid.

I gave the spirit what it wanted by visualizing my wrists as though they had been
slit and the blood flowing out against gravity to the entity above me.

Shortly afterwards I lost conciousness.

I woke feeling nauseated and weak. This feeling amplified when I gave another
visualized blood sacrifice for the spirit to collect, this time while standing
and visualizing the blood pooling at my feet. Afterwards I laid down in fatigue.

A few minutes afterwards I felt normal, as though I was never sick.

My conclusion on this was that I was still in debt to the spirit and had not been
able to give the appropriate "blood" sacrifice all at once and was therefore still
stuck in the mode of giving blood.

Final Notes:

I greatly preferred this method of working over the more traditional approach to it.
At no point in the work did I use any divine names other than those of the spirit.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Grab
post Oct 23 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

That was a very nicely written account and reminds me of some workings I've done myself.. when feeling on the wild side of things.

The only thing which I didn't get was whether the spirit with the "grubs" (what is that?) was the one you were calling?

Do you have previous experience with the spirit in question or much experience with other goetia spirits?

Did you get the results you asked for, and was the intent of a practical nature (such as bring $3 or a smile from that girl in the mall) or more like a self-improvement intent (such as become bold or witty or understand the bird language etc?)

Thanks for a good read.
Grab

--------------------
Free you mind, or I will do it for you.
-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-
Bearer of the Sacred Teeshirt of
"I just came here to get laid, and all I got was this lousy Great Work"

+Quote Post

bym
post Oct 23 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #3

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings.
*sigh* The division of approach and attitude towards dealing with evocation of the Goetia (or even just evocation) continues to perplex me. I was raised old school. It hasn't been until relatively recently with the advent of Newage that there appeared on the scene a new 'class' of practitioners who, for some apparent reason, treat the consorting with spiritual and alien entities with surprising casualness. They have conversations with a variety of divinities, devas, daemons, demons, devils, elementals and djinn with an offhand manner especially when it comes to protections and established ritual. Some are Chaos magicians others tend towards Satanism and Demonalatry. Gone are any pretense for looking after their own spiritual well being. Ah...a Christian or some other religous fanatic you may say. Not so, I am a Pantheistic shaman. I do not subscribe to the ideas of the established theocracies. I do care about my mental health and my spiritual ends. That being said...
Have you, during your deliberations concerning the conjuration of said demon, given thought to the overall health of your spirit? Do you believe you have a higher self? I'm not trying to be arrogant or pushy...I really want to know! Is it the yearning to be connected to things larger than yourself? Is it a quick method to power? Please give me a clue.
The first time I attempted an evocation I failed...partially. All I managed to do was to create alot of poltergeist phenomena (which could be attributed to adolescent sexual frustration). The next attempt let me so scared and shaken that I pissed myself. Subsequent attempts proved more fruitful but occassionally I was left in abject fear or awe. (It was an angelic evocation that really shook me up with the awe thing...if I was a Christian then I would have joined an Order!)
How is it that you would offer your lifes blood to a demon of the Goetia? The weakness you felt was probably a combination of low blood sugar, fatigue and the 'imprinting' of the demons energy signature on your subtle energy body. Another idea is that you managed to attract an astral predator who was able to let you see what you think you want to see and has attached itself as an energy sucking larvae...hence the nausea, weakness and blackout! At least that would be my opinion(s).
Does it mean nothing that the forces that you are playing with have established energy vibrations that are considered somewhat toxic to most people? Again, I would love to give/have an interview with you and your beliefs as I am still unable to wrap my mind around some of your concepts. Forgive me the stodgieness of an old fart. May I recommend a book to you? "Astral Dynamics" by R. Bruce. He goes into the description of astral larva, etc.
Regardless of how you view my post I would caution you with continuing to approach evocation/invocation in this manner. Learn the various rituals/techniques involved before adapting novel ways to do the same thing. You may learn enough to be really good and healthy! I wish you well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/egypt1.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

loki
post Oct 24 2007, 08:02 AM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hi there, Acidfaucet, just a few questions concerning your post:

Which duke were you contacting? I'm assuming you have done evocations before, from goetia and other grimoires, and I find no reference's to any banishings after the working. You say you wanted to use no protections, Why? out of interest.
This is just my opinion, but again why give a "blood sacrifice" even though you say it was figurative. My understanding of the astral is there are no "figuratives". Would you use "protection/banishings" if you were evocating to the physical plane? Again my opinion, I view the astral has(very simply) walking through a zoo, which has no fences/cages around the animals. You don't know what you'll bump into.

Your working and prep, appears to have worked well, and you contacted the entity needed, so you must be congratulated in that respect. And I'm assuming again what you asked for form the spirit, you recieved. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blablabla.gif)

Loki

+Quote Post

AcidFaucet
post Oct 24 2007, 09:48 AM
Post #5

Initiate
Group Icon

@Grab

grubs = worms, maggots, caterpillers, and the like :: I hate them

Decent amount of experience with the Goetia.

Work was practical but won't have result confirmations for a few days.

@bym

I normally use a more traditional approach using the Golden Dawn pentagram rituals, circle present, triangle, etc.

Also probably should have mentioned that my initial meditations always include getting in touch with the greater me.
I guess its more of that I want to embrace everything that spirit is and "love" it as it is for what it is.
I bit of an overly-romantic alchemical viewpoint on it. I should probably note that stick to a daily regimine of lighter ritual
specifically for my greater self / HGA with only inner purpose.

In regards to the astral larva / predators, that's largely how I perceive those lesser things that I ignore throughout the working. Perhaps
it may be wise to instead of simply removing them from my focus to cast them out. Part of the reason for posting this, to get criticisms like that
which help along my thinking in regards to possibilities and what can be changed.

@loki

I've neglected mentioning the duke in case someone popped in and said, "Hey, that's a lot like when I evoked..." though its mostly a subjective thing.

I neglected standard protections and banishings because in past experience I've noticed that most negative side-effects have usually come from keeping
around items from the working. Sigils and scrying mirrors especially. In more traditional workings I create my own scrying mirror using a pane of glass and paint
the triangle on the frontside of it, very little work and doesn't make me cringe when I destroy it.

No doubt there are risks. I should mention that this didn't fall in the spirit's generally attributed times to work with and I have worked with it previously to good
success in traditionally workings during the times. Its attitude was more pleasant during the proper time. When in a humanoid form it has always preferred to
present itself in a 3/4 perspective with the 3 being the side. Speech style was also dead-on to previous encounters. It has always enjoyed mocking me
through visual appearance, I think because as long as it doesn't get out of hand I tolerate it. Because this working included those general attributes I'm confident
that it was the correct spirit.

More than anything I would say its because I've worked with it before that I felt comfortable without protections or banishings. Raises the question if the bad
attitude was because of the non-traditional approach or if it was because of the time. I didn't ask it about anything in regards to the technicality of the working
other than if the calling was a good approach.

The only other time I've taken a similar approach it backfired in that the entirety of the effect was directed at me when it should have been directed elsewhere, that
work also lacked any banishings. In this case its alright with me if the purpose is glued to me.

In regards to your question of figuratives, unconciousness and fatigue seemed directly linked with the "figurative" sacrifice, though I guess it would be better
to describe it as giving up astral blood. That would probably make it more understandable than using the word figurative.

I sensed a sort of leaning towards a physical sacrifice and it came off kind of as an astral sacrifice being acceptable only because all I wanted was help getting started, a "show me the door, and I'll walk through it myself" thing instead of asking it to guide me along the whole way.

That approach is a holdover from an angelic working in which the spirit refused to do the work for me but would help get me started. I guess its an approach
of respecting my own potential and trusting in myself though not being too confident so as to not call in the artillery to soften things up.

General

Great questions.

+Quote Post

bym
post Oct 24 2007, 11:11 AM
Post #6

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

I see. Thanks for filling in the blanks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

Fio Praeter Humanus
post Oct 24 2007, 11:45 AM
Post #7

Theurgist
Group Icon

Nice procedure. I have used something similar with angelic spirits with varying results. It seems to work better with tree of life angels and not so much with planetary and the like.

That being said I am a little disturbed by the rest of it. No testing what so ever of the identity of the spirit? Since you have worked with him before I understand the ability to detect the correct "flavor" as it were but it is only good form to always be sure. If it can read you enough to know your distaste for grubs I am sure it could read you enough to portray the markers for another spirit you know. Likely he was the correct spirit, but a few extra minutes is worth it to make sure you aren't dealing with an astral piss ant.

Finally, figurative blood?!? You are experienced with the astral, you have to know that symbols have real power there. There are only so many things that blood can symbolize, namely life force.
Shortly afterwards I lost conciousness.

I woke feeling nauseated and weak. This feeling amplified when I gave another
visualized blood sacrifice for the spirit to collect, this time while standing
and visualizing the blood pooling at my feet. Afterwards I laid down in fatigue.

If it wanted blood, give it blood, animal and not your own. You didn't say if it wanted only yours so I assume any blood would do. Your body will replace what you lost but I just hope the spirit hasn't developed a taste for you.

Let us know if you receive your results.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lightning777
post Nov 11 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #8

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(AcidFaucet @ Oct 23 2007, 05:14 PM) *
Date: 10/23/2007
Time: 12-3 am

Preluding Work:

Spent the two previous nights sleeping with the sigil of the
spirit under my bed drawn on parchment with the pentagram of solomon drawn on
the back. Color was used to be representative of the metal for the sigil,
being a reddish orange for copper and the pentagram was done in multiple flashing
colors.
Final Notes:
I greatly preferred this method of working over the more traditional approach to it.
At no point in the work did I use any divine names other than those of the spirit.

Who was It you were summoning?
By any chance was It Vassago?? I "think" it was "him' that also appeared as a talking "mask" .
This was from a desciption of a group envocation in britain somewhere. The account said it didn't materialize all the way the first go at it, and it "required a proper" physical circle inscribed with the names. and an sacrifice, they used wine and??? After the group made the circle with chalk and did it a second time, It materialized as a "metalic" talking mask, and then when commanded to take a "nicer" form as a "drooling toothless grinning old man with hollow eyes.It answered there questions with symbols though :like showing an hourglass, a sundial ..
out of curiousity I'm wondering if these are the same spirit??? or maybe other Goetics u'se these "masks"? to comunicate? Your account just struck me because it sounded so similar to this one. It sure takes some "Cahones" conjuring these guys unprotected, They probably have the capability to kill someone yes??

This post has been edited by Lightning777: Nov 11 2007, 11:48 PM

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse