Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Two good books on ole witchcraft, Christopher Penczak
chaos_mage4
post Jun 23 2005, 01:24 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hey all, OF finally got back and running, but I am going to come over here every once in a while too. For instance, right now, lol. But anyway, I am more a CM kind of guy,(Ceremonial/High Magick), but I first was all about witchcraft. Then I went to witchcraft. But, my question is that what are your opinions/thoughts about, The Inner Temple of Witchcraft: Magick, Meditation and Psychic Development by Christopher Penczak, and The Outer Temple of Witchcraft: Circles, Spells, and Rituals by Christopher Penczak. Now from what I have heard they are great beginners' books, and they have no errors. (Only a FEW, but what book doesn't?) Now I am thinking about buying them and trying them out. What are your opinions about them, what do you think about them? Do you think they are right, great, poor, wrong, etc. etc? Thank you
-Chaos_mage4 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
P.S. If you have any other witchcraft books that are good and factual, please explain and tell them.

This post has been edited by chaos_mage4: Jun 23 2005, 01:25 PM

--------------------
"I am alone: there is no God where I am."
-Liber Legis, 2:23

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Rin
post Jun 24 2005, 09:59 AM
Post #2

Yaoi Fanboy
Group Icon

I enjoyed Witchcraft: Theory and Practice by Ly De Angelis. Thought it's more Wiccan than Witchcraft. It's still a decent publication despite that, in my opinion.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Radiant Star
post Jun 24 2005, 10:35 AM
Post #3

Theoricus
Group Icon

I have Witchcraft: Theory and Practice by Ly De Angelis too and didn't realize that is was more Wiccan, the only other book I have is The Witches Craft by Grimassi, hardly surprising since I am a Ceremonial person though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif)

I think I prefer my Grimassi, but I don't know enough about Witchcraft to judge either of them really.

+Quote Post

mediocracy
post Jun 24 2005, 11:59 AM
Post #4

GONE
Group Icon

I found 'City Magick' by Penczak to be an interesting read. He takes witchcraft in to the city and shows that the goddess resides in concrete and stone alike. Useful for city dwelling witches as chaotes.

+Quote Post

Charlie
post Jul 5 2005, 09:03 AM
Post #5

Initiate
Group Icon

I've been working with The Inner Temple of Witchcraft, and I think it's an outstanding book.
I haven't done all of the meditations yet (e.g. the past lives regression), but it is a great introduction no matter what your spiritual path is.
The subtitle of the book is Magick, Meditation and Psychic Development, and that's exactly what it is about.
1. Magick. The book starts with a few introductory chapters (history of witchcraft, which different paths are there, wiccan rede, law of three). They are called
Ask a witch, Digging for the roots, Flavors of Witchcraft, The Witch's Path
Then there are 13 lessons (meditation, visualisation, magick and science, defense, energy, light, aura, spirit journeys, inner temple, healing, etc).
2. Meditation. You start with the basics. I've never had the patience for yoga, tai chi or anything, it never worked for me because I didn't have the patience. This book did work. Make sure to get the Inner Temple CD Set as well to guide you through the meditations. It's worth the money.
3. Psychic development. This book won't make you a witch, but it will help you find out what your path is.
Penczak doesn't try to establish a philosophy, but helps you to get a very personal experience and access to magick and meditation.
I'd recommend this book to anyone interested in magick in a heartbeat!

--------------------
"For the sake of one soul, one loved one. The way I see it, this is the only thing worth fighting a war for."
(Jim Butcher, Grave Peril)

My virtual home:
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/hogsmeadehigh/

+Quote Post

kitra
post Jul 11 2005, 05:07 AM
Post #6

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Thanks for the titels Charlie.

Just ordered the books, and hope to enjoy them as much as you did .

have a nice day.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye.gif)

+Quote Post

xXservatisXx
post Oct 3 2005, 05:05 PM
Post #7

Initiate
Group Icon

yeah in rehab i read the outer temple great book!!!!

--------------------
servatis a periculum...
servatis a merifulum

+Quote Post

Athena
post Nov 24 2005, 06:18 PM
Post #8

Zelator
Group Icon

I read the reveiw mini book of the Penczak and it was better then most books by Llewelllyn! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I have also read a few of the Grimassi books. They are quite good, but olde witchcraft they are not.

Athena

--------------------
Courses, client work, custom Daemon seals, ruby seals, magical supplies and more...
www.enochian.org &

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse