Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Karma?, My take on Karma
paxx
post Dec 22 2007, 01:11 AM
Post #1

Resident Fool
Group Icon

I guess this goes to the core of my belief system, it also has no solid traditional foundation, as there are many different takes on Karma.

In my interpretation of Karma it is the tally of spiritual lessons you have learned and the level that you have learned them.

For me the concepts of good karma and bad karma are partially irrelevant. The law or retribution and such does not totally apply in my view. However it is necessary to learn to improve your life and the lives around you, I feel this is a fundamental spiritual lesson. You are not “you” you are your “tribe”.

* Tribe I feel is all those you choose to have close to you, those you allow yourself to concern yourself with, and those for who you are vulnerable. It is those who you will displace your goals or comfort. This is usually much larger then we originally think. For example Lady Diana was part of many people’s tribes. The people at work, those you work for, your customers….

Now, there are people who we would die for without a seconds hesitation, and there are people who we would reluctantly stop our cars for and verify that they are all right and help is on the way if they are stranded. I feel all these people/things make up our greater tribe.

The regular tribe are those people who have a clear affect on our actions and thoughts. And the inner tribe are those who we would sacrifice a lot for (traditionally family).

The larger that we allow that tribe to be, the things we allow to affect us as well as the larger our inner tribe is offers us a huge reward if we manage it correctly.

It is also a fact that in today’s world we change tribes. Some say we are part of many tribes, this is also correct, but “my tribe” is the collection of tribes I belong to.

I also think that it is not just people in our tribe, for some it includes pets, places, trees, spirits, cars and so on.

Part of karma is improving things for our tribe and even our greater tribe. The reason is that it improves things for you and your inner tribe.

Another part of karma is that there are things we must learn to overcome, detach ourselves from yet still be engaged in the outcome.

There is also an element of fate to karma, that we have lessons to learn, and in order to learn them we bust go transcend certain ordeals. This is where it gets very complex, and plays with the concept of free will.

Lets say I trip on a bottle left on the street while I am running backwards. I break my leg. I loose income because I can not work. I have to seek another type of employment because of complications in my healing. I meet a doctor and we hit it off and have 2.5 kids…..

All of that might be fate or part of karma.

But lets take a step back, someone left the bottle there, it was their fate to do so.

We can take this to an extreme. There is a mass murderer, who has killed dozens of people and tortured many more. While I will not go into what punishment I think is fair for such a person, I will say I feel that that person has done a spiritual service to everyone who has been touched by those crimes.

The school yard bully was a tool in providing spiritual lessons.

It was their karma to be those people.

It is funny that at this moment I feel that Satan or “The Devil” is the one who has made the greatest sacrifice for the betterment of man kind in the biblical stories. Without that character we would be stagnant, never learning the lessons and improving. It is his Karma to be who he is.

So in essence I feel karma is a checklist of things we must learn, there is a cosmic conspiracy to have that lesson presents itself over and over most of the time, and once every few life times in others moments. The tools to give that lesson, have their own lessons to learn, and sometimes we cross paths.

So that is why I often wonder what people mean when they mention “good karma” for me it is all good, I may not enjoy it, but it is all good.

--------------------
--Paxx

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Acid09
post Dec 22 2007, 11:48 PM
Post #2

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

For me the concepts of good karma and bad karma are partially irrelevant. The law or retribution and such does not totally apply in my view. However it is necessary to learn to improve your life and the lives around you, I feel this is a fundamental spiritual lesson. You are not “you” you are your “tribe”.

* Tribe I feel is all those you choose to have close to you, those you allow yourself to concern yourself with, and those for who you are vulnerable. It is those who you will displace your goals or comfort. This is usually much larger then we originally think. For example Lady Diana was part of many people’s tribes. The people at work, those you work for, your customers….

Now, there are people who we would die for without a seconds hesitation, and there are people who we would reluctantly stop our cars for and verify that they are all right and help is on the way if they are stranded. I feel all these people/things make up our greater tribe.

That part I can deffinately relate to.

I also agree with much of what you say about the actions we do being lessons on others and our self. I'd even take it to a more subtle level. Consider your thoughts, how they manifest through behavior; the things we desire and crave, our emotional being. Thoughts and emotions in a way set people up in a dualistic way. Looking at extemes thuught is the ultimate logic where as emotion is the ultimate anti-logic. On a more moderate level people generally balance these two forces. In my opinion it seems that most people are prone to acting on emotions, rather than logic, which might indicate the degree of evolution we have attained as a species and perhaps we may be wittnessing the emergance of a newer, more intellectual human -homo-superior. The spiritual relavance is in the level of awareness. Greater awareness means a greater ability to understand and grow from karmic lessons.

This new race of homo-superiors is not exclusive. I believe that ultimately this new breed of ubermench will be the majority.

But for the time being humanity can be seen in a variety of degrees of awareness. While 99% of humans are self aware, having both sentience and sapience. Yet this sense of self and individuality doesn't extend beyond the tribe. Rather the tribe molds the individual. Its much the same as a wolf pack. Then there are those who lead, the alpha of the pack if you will. Now consider the value of karmic lessons on each. In a sense the "herd" is a force and the leader, is the mind of the force. As we contiue to evolve I think it will be interesting to see how this paradigm of thought works itself out.

--------------------
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse