Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 One Of The Most Vivid Dreams I've Ever Had, a.k.a. The Sorceress's Magical Mystery Tour
Silver Dragon
post Jan 16 2008, 11:02 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

For some reason, I had to go out-of-town to another city. I was instructed to root through the backyard of a total stranger (Apparently, this person had an extensive toy collection. I kept seeing a lot of tiny He-Man and Masters of the Universe doll heads lying about on the ground.)

I had to dig a small hole, open a capsule (It may have been medicine of some sort), and spill the contents -- a white powder -- out onto the ground. As I was doing that, the son of the property owner came out (He came out with several dozen of his friends.) He wanted to know what I was doing. I told him I was leaving and that he would never see me again.

I walked through an alley and down a street, headed back to my car. I had parked at what appeared to be a high school of some sort. When I got there, there was a wedding in progress. I was on this concrete platform and I had to climb down this steel ladder (In a dress and high heels) to get to my car.

As I was climbing down, this cute guy with a British accent began talking to me. As I was climbing down, the ladder (with me still on it) suddenly ripped itself off the platform. Both me and the ladder were flying through the air.

I came to a stop against a telephone pole. I got up and began walking. I finally came upon some sort of bohemian street fair/arts-and-crafts festival. That's where the dream ended and I woke up.

I can't make heads or tails out of this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

This post has been edited by The Sorceress: Jan 16 2008, 11:06 AM

--------------------
IPB Image Silver Dragon

Follow Me on Facebook

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Acid09
post Jan 18 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #2

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

For some reason, I had to go out-of-town to another city. I was instructed to root through the backyard of a total stranger (Apparently, this person had an extensive toy collection. I kept seeing a lot of tiny He-Man and Masters of the Universe doll heads lying about on the ground.)

You left your comfort zone, maybe something forced you to, and began exploring aspects that were not familiar, maybe disturbing, something you don't normally want to do. Some aspect of your life compelled you to look at your masculine side. Possibly a memory from when you were a child since dolls and toys represent innocents and childhood. Because you only saw the heads of these toys it may mean these memories were broken or were disturbing, possibly related to how you were treated by male figures. Perhaps you had your brush with sexism at an early age.

I had to dig a small hole, open a capsule (It may have been medicine of some sort), and spill the contents -- a white powder -- out onto the ground. As I was doing that, the son of the property owner came out (He came out with several dozen of his friends.) He wanted to know what I was doing. I told him I was leaving and that he would never see me again.

You were attempting to heal your self using what you thought would do the trick (the white powder), to come to terms with whatever aspects are involved with this but was stopped. A portion of your masculine personality (the son and his friends) is keeping you from resolving whatever internal conflict represented by the doll heads.

I walked through an alley and down a street, headed back to my car. I had parked at what appeared to be a high school of some sort. When I got there, there was a wedding in progress. I was on this concrete platform and I had to climb down this steel ladder (In a dress and high heels) to get to my car.

You are currently on a journey in life, you are progressing through a phase in life. The car represents ambition, and your desire, motivation to find a new direction. The highschool means you are in a learning phase. You are gaining knowledge and insight, perhaps related to the symbols in the previous part of your dream. But this might not be so because when your dream shifts from one scene to another the symbolism can change. Weddings represent commitment and a desire to find true love. However they also represent stress, anxiety and a fear of commitment. Climbing down a ladder represents avoiding responsibilities or escapism from stress and self denial. The steel ladder suggests that you are having a hard time trying to overcome an issue that you are currently avoiding. Again your car represents personal ambitions and can also relate to your over all identity.

As I was climbing down, this cute guy with a British accent began talking to me. As I was climbing down, the ladder (with me still on it) suddenly ripped itself off the platform. Both me and the ladder were flying through the air.

Perhaps you secretly admire someone or are in love but the feelings you have leave you feeling out of control. This may be related to the first symbols presented by the first part of your dream. Inversely the flying may also represent freedom and joy. A ladder by itself represents either acsention or decention in life. If you are climbing up it you're making achievements, succeeding in life, aspiring towards your goals. If you are clmbing down, you may be putting yourself down, hidding from your troubles or denying them outright. Climbing down can also represent a need for "soul searching", perhaps you have been avoiding your spiritual side. Because the ladder is flying with you I think it represents a loss of control and maybe a lack of self control or dicipline. Relating this to the cute guy I think maybe you have feelings for someone that are hard for you to deal with and may make you act inapropriately.

I came to a stop against a telephone pole. I got up and began walking. I finally came upon some sort of bohemian street fair/arts-and-crafts festival. That's where the dream ended and I woke up.

A telephone poll is a node for electricity, a source of power and for you, strength. So you stopped to get your strength back and continued on your current path in life. Stumbing onto a party or festival can represent finding random pleasure in life. It can also represent a desire to socialize.

All in all it sounds like your dream is hinting at some unresolved childhood issue(s) that a part of you is too stubburn to either admit to or actually fix. It also sound like this dream is telling you that you are in a position to learn more about your personal identity but you currently aspire towards avoiding such goals and that while you desire love and commitment your feelings make you feel uncomfortable, out of control, perhaps your behavior is being affected too. And finally it sounds like something recently must have happened in your life that made you feel joyous, ummm maybe festive? Or that you desire to interact with others on a friendly basis.

Well I hope that all makes sense and helps you out!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Silver Dragon
post Jan 18 2008, 07:22 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

Thanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I've had some strange dreams before ... but THIS one takes the cake! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shok.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image Silver Dragon

Follow Me on Facebook

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse