Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Chakra - Intro
Priest
post Feb 7 2008, 07:27 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I've searched for a good week now here on SM for good up-to-date links and book recommendations and the like so that I may further research my learning into chakra's. Needless to say I'm quite the beginner here on the subject and was hoping that I might find a thread listing those things previously stated, or perhaps a breakdown most of the vital points to get across to someone.Points that may prove important in their learning assuming that person is going to use the info eventually =P I've read into many websites though they seem to be... missing something. A more in depth experience wise explanation, so I post here. For those more experienced in using chakras, if I may ask for a "From the Beginning..." sort of thing.. Any extra information such as what follows after doing certain exercises, etc. Apologies for the vague description, rushing this post before I leave for the day =P thanks agian!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Feb 8 2008, 02:52 PM
Post #2

Practicus
Group Icon

After most exercises you will just go about your daily life. Once you have opened, balanced, energized, etc., one of the chakras, there's not much you can do except allow it to work on it's own. I would say you should also observe your thoughts, your emotional state, and any sensations that seem new or out of place as well, simply to learn more about the effects of that specific energy center.

My speciality is energy work, and the chakras have been one of my primary focuses of study and experimentation. I'd be happy to tell you whatever you'd like to know, if I know it. Did you have some specific question? You say that some of the stuff you read online so far seems to be missing something, which sounds like you aren't quite sure what's missing. What website were you looking at? Maybe I can fill in the gaps if I take a look myself.

It's true there's isn't very much on the function and specific natures of the chakras on the forum, I've been meaning to write up some articles on the subject, but keep putting it off for other projects. Still, have to used the search feature to look up what has been posted?

Take a look here if you haven't: Search: Chakra
peace

This post has been edited by Vagrant Dreamer: Feb 8 2008, 02:53 PM

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

blackcat
post Mar 26 2008, 04:02 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

I have a good book on the middle piller on my computer if you would like it send me your email address and I will try to send it to you. I don't know if it's too large or not but it's worth a shot if your interested.

--------------------
Focus on the ignorance not the accomplishment.

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Mar 27 2008, 05:08 PM
Post #4

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

experience you want, is it?

here goes: (subjective and all wrong according to most known traditions, but its what i experienced so ymmv lsmft swtf and poiydli)

bang - the spine is the middle pillar, the chakras are energy points on the spine, like bridges on a freeway over a winding river (caduceus)

there are 7 bridges, counted from the tailbone up to above the head - the root (base/beginning/earth), the ovaries [or the things above the kidneys in the male] (sex), the stomach [or solar plexus] (physical), the heart (connection of above to below), the throat (giving/life), the brow (receiving/death), and the crown (heaven) - two triads connected by the center (6-rayed star)

i don't know why they are where they are, but it may have something to do with how the nerves run and leave the spine to go out into the body

now, kindof like that fung shway business, there is an energy flow, kinda like traffic, up the road of the spine and across the 7 bridges

the 4th bridge (the bridge of the heart, or connection between above and below, earth to heaven, etc) is blocked or even destroyed in most people, and they never get past the first 3 bridges (like in san andreas) - "what am i going to eat, where am i going to sleep, and who am i going to sleep with" (william henry)

getting the energy (traffic) flow un-bottlenecked across the first 3 bridges is the first task - disease and chemicals and all sorts of things can pothole and screw up the flow through these bridges

rebuilding the heart bridge is next, and requires cleaning up the subconscious cause the first thing you find when you cross is customs and they drag out all your skeletons and bad things you did so far (even in previous lives), and you have to deal with each of them (forgiveness of self, then elimination, mine took a plunger to clear it) - the rebuilding process is giving up judging and regaining unity over duality (wu-wei)

soon the throat bridge shines, and the brow bridge begins to receive (yin/ yang), and finally the crown explodes, looking like a sparkling firework as the energy expands out - you will find duty, and receive wisdom, and your aura will shine brightly as you gain the tau robe (pala) of your light body (the second birth, maggot to fly, grub to moth, caterpillar to butterfly, etc) - you can now haunt god (whitley strieber)

then you begin advanced traffic flow engineering lol, to work to achieve the state where you can get the flow coming in the crown from above and the root from below and dropping into a black hole at the heart bridge, making the heart bridge connecting, not to just the above anymore, but to the entire universe at once - this is buddah territory and takes many lifetimes to get right, so if you start tomorrow, it will be sooner than if you don't start tomorrow ; )

another thing once the freeway is open, is to reverse the flow to bring forth into the below (physical) from the above (heaven), as in manifesting the godform (thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven), drawing down the god/goddess, etc - another buddah-sized skill that takes some time to perfect, and to handle without falling

you asked for it,

es

This post has been edited by esoterica: Mar 27 2008, 05:46 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Mar 27 2008, 05:31 PM
Post #5

Practicus
Group Icon

That's the most enlighteningly humorous and concise description I think I've ever encountered. Thanks for that!

I pretty much agree with esoterica here, especially the part about starting today getting you there sooner than starting tomorrow.

The first three are the easiest, and go along way towards preparing you for the heart and higher chakras - a healthy lifestyle will ultimately beget a kind of clarity (or rather, facilitate the development of that clarity) as your brain starts to function at a greater degree of it's natural potential. In addition, part of the purpose of the physical side of Yoga is to tone and strengthen all of those nerves - on the lower chakras this means you'll have a stronger awareness and control over those lower functions, which will speed your progress considerably. You can strengthen them with your mind alone, but it does take longer. Mind/Body combination approach is quickest, if you're in a hurry (and you know, you could die any day).

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse