Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Posting 'history' Of Members, wanting to read past postings by specific members
Esoterigma
post May 28 2008, 01:32 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

If this function already exists, please guide me on how to use this~~ if not, then please take this feature into consideration~~

Various regulars that I really admire (such as Vagrant Dreamer, bym, Acid09, esoterica, Kinjo...etc....etc....) all make really brilliant posts worth reading and contemplating over~~~(in my honest and humble opinion~^^~)

On other forums that I'm part of, on every member's profile page, there is a link you can click on called,
"View all posts by so and so member"
Is this feature able to be added to all the members' profile page?

If not....then...... please tell me how I can at least view the "most recent" posts by a particular member~~~

I'd really appreciate this~~~ *starts begging* (*cough~ahem~*)
Thanks for your time,
Esoterigma

--------------------
~~~~~\\~~~~~~//~~~~~~\\~~~~~~//~~~~~~\\~~~~~~//~~~~~~\\~~~~~~//~~~~~
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post May 28 2008, 01:51 AM
Post #2

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

QUOTE(Esoterigma @ May 28 2008, 02:32 PM) *
On other forums that I'm part of, on every member's profile page, there is a link you can click on called,
"View all posts by so and so member"
Is this feature able to be added to all the members' profile page?

Yes you can find posts by specific members from member's profile page. On their profile page, locate "Profile Options" on the top right side and click on it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post May 28 2008, 01:52 AM
Post #3

Practicus
Group Icon

It is a useful function, I do the same thing from time to time myself, especially if a member pops up on my radar after they've been here a while.

At the top right hand corner of the main window in the member profile there should be text that says 'profile options'. Click once on this, and choose 'view members posts' or something very similar. Click once, and it takes you to a list starting with the most recent.

Also, you can use the search function in the tabs at the top right hand corner of this screen, (any screen, actually) click search, and enter in the right hand box on the top of that window the member's name you want to look up, make sure that the particular subject you are looking for is checked in the list of forum sections on the left hand side of that screen below the 'keyword' search box - all forums brings up every topic the member posted in as well as any topic they are specifically mentioned in - usually though that means they posted there as well.

Hope that helps! Actually can't remember if viewing all posts from the profile window is an option everyone has, it may be a staff thing...

peace
V

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Esoterigma
post May 28 2008, 02:22 AM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

*hugs you both~ blush*
Umm....*cough*~~ Thanks very much for that..... I blame myself for not noticing that feature.... (Why did my 140 IQ not work this out?? *blush*)

The "search by member" tool within the "search" button at the top of all pages is also very useful~~ Thanks Kinjo and VagrantD *smiles gratefully*

*starts following up on various admirable members' posts~~~ ABSORBING and ABSORBING~~* ^^ ^^

See you around,
Esoterigma

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic