Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Introducing Moon Coin
Moon Coin
post Jul 2 2008, 11:16 AM
Post #1

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Hi everyone --

After having a life filled to some degree with magick without knowing anything of it, I have finally realized that magick exists, people do it everyday not to mention for the last hundreds and thousands of years (!!) and there are plenty of books dedicated to the subject. I want very much to learn about magick, how it is done, what it can accomplish, what to expect actually.

I'd like to learn why people perform magic and what the results are . . . .what pitfalls to be aware of. What kinds are there? For that matter, what is the difference between Enochian, Chaos, Goetia, etc, etc., etc, and I've not even begun to count the many acronyms that exist to shorten the names of various rituals, etc.

I found this website by accident, actually, and I'm glad that there is so much available to study and to learn from.

Let's face it, when you don't know where to even begin, it's likely that even if you go to a bookstore to find books on the subject, how do you know which books are the "real thing" or which books are written by the "wannabees", how does the newcomer sort all of that out without wasting a lot of cash?

That's why it is so nice to find an informative website where there are even lessons given. That is really so very nice of the authors of the lessons because it is such a service, such a favor to those coming along who really do not know, but would like to learn. After all, in our fast-paced life, who really wants to bother with relating a subject that no doubt took a great many years to study and learn. So, I extend my thanks to everyone who has contributed to make this learning possible!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Velarius
post Jul 2 2008, 01:06 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Welcome,

Firstly, i want to welcome you to the site. While i will leave the magickal distinctions to those more expereinced in each of the types i will give one piece of advice. When choosing a magickal art it may be benificial to start with something that fits in with your philosophy. For example, if you are a devout Christian and lover of dogma and ritual, there is magick that works for you ... if you are a free spirit and lover of breaking the rules there is also magick for you.

Good Luck (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

*bows*

In Light and Darkness,

Velarius the White

--------------------
In the end we belong to both the light and the darkness ... and in some ways ... to neither

Velarius - Wizard, Mystic, and Spiritualist

+Quote Post

Moon Coin
post Jul 2 2008, 03:40 PM
Post #3

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

QUOTE(Velarius @ Jul 2 2008, 03:06 PM) *
Welcome,

Firstly, i want to welcome you to the site. While i will leave the magickal distinctions to those more expereinced in each of the types i will give one piece of advice. When choosing a magickal art it may be benificial to start with something that fits in with your philosophy. For example, if you are a devout Christian and lover of dogma and ritual, there is magick that works for you ... if you are a free spirit and lover of breaking the rules there is also magick for you.

Good Luck (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

*bows*

In Light and Darkness,

Velarius the White

Hi Velarius --

Thanks so much for your kind reply -- yes, there does seem to be a vast array of possibilities, I'm just trying to figure out how it all works at this point. Am reading David Conway's Magic Primer at the moment which I think is probably a really good start. Thanks again ! Moon Coin

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse