Reply to this topicStart new topic
 The Power Of Emotion And Feeling
MasterOfMagick
post Jan 17 2009, 01:46 PM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

Hello all,

Something I learned and thought I'd share. Now I have been studying the occult and practicing on and off for the last few years; It is only over the past 2 months that I have been able to apply myself to daily practice, a major hurdle I have finally gotten over. I got past the point where I was trying to get through the LBRP Because I couldn't wait to be done to the point where I didn't mind, and almost looked forward to my work. A few days ago a thought hit me. See I had been going through the LBRP and the MP, (not sure how to articulate this) statically, or cold, like reading from a cookbook. I could feel the energy growing and flowing and all so I thought I was was doing it right. Then the thought hit me that maybe I should try to add some emotion and feeling in to my work.
WoW.
Let me tell you folks it makes a difference. I have been doing this for the last few days and for the first time, when I finish I don't want to leave that state. It is...blissful, or full of love, warm.... I think you get my point.
Maybe this is common knowledge but I thought maybe it could help some other noobs like me.

Use EMOTION and FEELING.

Thanks to All.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Jan 18 2009, 08:20 AM
Post #2

Practicus
Group Icon

I wouldn't say it's entirely uncommon knowledge - but it takes a love of the art itself to realize and apply, I think. Congratulations on your realization however - I think it's a mark of your true initiation to reach that and utilize it. Feeling your work is what adds efficacy to it. The energy may move, but if you don't Feel it and Love it, it never becomes a part of you.

Unfortunately there are few words that adequately convey this aspect of magical work, because it is not the science itself, but the spiritual experience which brings that science to life. You can no more teach the novice how to love their work than to love themselves, or what the nature of love is - it's a process of reflection, faith, and openness that each of us can only find for ourselves.

In my opinion that love is the mark of a true magician, whatever their level of experience may be. Without that love, one is only ever a dabbler at best.

Peace

This post has been edited by Vagrant Dreamer: Jan 18 2009, 08:21 AM

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

MasterOfMagick
post Jan 20 2009, 06:16 PM
Post #3

Initiate
Group Icon

Thank you for your comments. I found them most insightful.
If I may ask; How long have you been practicing and what tradition?

+Quote Post

Velarius
post Jan 27 2009, 08:25 AM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

I too have noticed this in my practices. It is important to really feel what is going on, whether it be putting a lot of effort into visualizations, actually feeling the energy wash over you, letting go and being part of the ritual, these things i am constantly working on in order to have a better and more spiritually rewarding practice.

--------------------
In the end we belong to both the light and the darkness ... and in some ways ... to neither

Velarius - Wizard, Mystic, and Spiritualist

+Quote Post

Jenfucius
post May 26 2009, 05:36 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 18 2009, 10:20 AM) *

Without that love, one is only ever a dabbler at best.

Peace

I think thats one of teh biggest problem in teh occult community. Theres alot more dabblers than there are serious practitioners.

+Quote Post

Xenomancer
post May 26 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #6

Rode off into the sunset...
Group Icon
From: AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON

You can no more teach the novice how to love their work than to love themselves, or what the nature of love is - it's a process of reflection, faith, and openness that each of us can only find for ourselves.

Vagrant, you astonish me again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Post after post, you always have good input.

This is one of the most profound points you've ever made.

Without that love, one is only ever a dabbler at best.

If words had a smell, these would smell like wisdom....in the synesthetic sense (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif)

This post has been edited by Xenomancer: May 26 2009, 08:45 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
¡HA HA! ¡ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET!
-Never learn the Art of Sword before the Art of Dance. - Celtic Proverb
-Even with spiritual power, an unchecked ego will only seek to deify itself. - Frank MacEowen
-One cannot traverse waters without causing waves. - Xenomancer
-I find it interesting that we as scholars of metaphysics have no problem discussing the intricacies of the threads of reality, but when it comes to the things that really matter, we forget them. - Xenomancer
-This world is your home. We have a mix of everything here. If you want better, make better. There's no rule of going elsewhere for the tools. That's what magick is about. - Xenomancer

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse