Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 The Rules Of Being Human
+ Kinjo -
post Mar 18 2009, 10:16 AM
Post #1

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

I wrote this down to my journal about 12 years ago from a book I've read. I hope you can enjoy and learn from it as much as I've did.

The Rules of Being Human

You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for as long as you live. How you take care of it or fail to take care of it can make an enormous difference in the quality of your life.

You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time, informal school called Life. Each day, you will be presented with opportunities to learn what you need to know. The lessons presented are often completely different from those you think you need.

There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial, error and experimentation. You can learn as much from failure as you can from success. Maybe more.

A lesson is repeated until it is learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it (as evidenced by a change in your attitude and ultimately your behavior) then you can go on to the next lesson.

Learning lessons does not end. There is no stage of life that does not contain some lessons. As long as you live there will be something more to learn.

“There” is no better than “here”. When your “there” has become a “here” you will simply discover another “there” that will again look better than your “here.” Don’t be fooled by believing that the unattainable is better than what you have.

Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects something you love or hate about yourself. When tempted to criticize others, ask yourself why you feel so strongly.

What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you create with those tools and resources is up to you. Remember that through desire, goal setting and unflagging effort you can have anything you want. Persistence is the key to success.

The answers lie inside of you. The solutions to all of life’s problems lie within your grasp. All you need to do is ask, look, listen and trust yourself.

--------------------
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

plainsight
post Mar 24 2009, 11:24 AM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

I think the only requirement for being human is having a will.

+Quote Post

Firephoenix
post Apr 15 2009, 08:00 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

There are rules? I didn't get the memo.

Though, I agree, all the answers are inside you.

This post has been edited by Firephoenix: Apr 15 2009, 08:01 PM

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Apr 16 2009, 08:01 AM
Post #4

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

>>Don’t be fooled by believing that the unattainable is better than what you have.

ah, but why is it unattainable, and why not chase it? - is there some law that says it cannot be? - laws can be bent by magic (if not, then what is magic but useless?)

if you have complete and absolute faith that it will happen, and you tell a mountain to move, it will move, regardless of the huge amounts of people and wildlife it kills or displaces while moving itself

this is the lesson of the ancients, and one we have yet to grasp fully - we are the children of the gods, and thus we inherit their powers as well as their characteristics and origins

>>Others are merely mirrors of you
i am merely a mirror of others, doing unto others as they do unto me - but actually it might be a double-sided mirror, where each does unto others as they would like to be done to (or ask for it) - i only ask to be left alone to follow my foolish path, and for none to follow except very carefully until i have seen what dangers lie along it, and if my wanting to be a prickly hermit causes others to be so to, then what's the problem? - if the entire world populations were prickly hermits there would be no wars

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Aphrodite
post Apr 16 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

Does this apply to people who are enslaved and or abuse/mistreated their entire existence? Or is this the rules given to Humans lucky enough to be born with freedom? 80% of the entire world live in some type of hellish conditions (well compared to Americans), its a 1 and a million chance to be born in a “modern” nation with the freedom to choose how you take care of your body, and live. Like winning the lottery.

“You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects something you love or hate about yourself. When tempted to criticize others, ask yourself why you feel so strongly.”

Oh really? I hate pedophiles and rapist, why because they don’t have the right to destroy and damage another person’s existence for their selfish need.

“What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you create with those tools and resources is up to you. Remember that through desire, goal setting and unflagging effort you can have anything you want. Persistence is the key to success.”

So those born into the underground world of slavery, the sex trade or any other horrendous have choices?

“Don’t be fooled by believing that the unattainable is better than what you have.”

So living a life of abuse, one shouldn’t desire freedom and love?

“The answers lie inside of you. The solutions to all of life’s problems lie within your grasp. All you need to do is ask, look, listen and trust yourself.”

Oh Really? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hmm.gif)

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Apr 17 2009, 05:45 AM
Post #6

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

>>So those born into the underground world of slavery, the sex trade or any other horrendous have choices?

there are always choices, even to the oppressed - finally snap!, then change your life to be how you want it to be (or die trying) - magic can help by making the seemingly unattainable attainable, but you may have to sweep aside (or kill) everyone and everything between you and it, to finally be able to reach it - guns don't hold people back, people hold people back

to get to where you want to be, think and act like you are already there and you will soon get there - move the head and the body will follow

the gov't and others use a backwards version of this form of 'mind control' all the time to control the masses and keep them happy in their slavery (and have them catch those who are about to snap)

This post has been edited by esoterica: Apr 17 2009, 05:50 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Aphrodite
post Apr 17 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

I think the people in this forum are seemingly blinded by privilege. Guns don’t hold people back? A gun pointed to your head or a family member’s head? I don’t think you have the time and or mental capacity to sit and do spells to change your oppressed situation.

+Quote Post

Vilhjalmr
post Apr 17 2009, 08:02 PM
Post #8

Zelator
Group Icon

Presumably, theoretically, no one is able to control anyone else, since all control is based on submission: "do this, or I'll kill you" is still a choice, albeit a shitty one... certainly not the kind of choice Kinjo was referring to, though. In practice, there are people who are unable to develop the requisite strength of will through no fault of their own. If you don't have the time, knowledge, or inclination to meditate fourteen hours a day on self-control, you are a slave to anything that gets a foothold on you.

Not everyone gets a chance to attain whatever they want.

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

Aphrodite
post Apr 17 2009, 08:42 PM
Post #9

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vilhjalmr @ Apr 17 2009, 10:02 PM) *

Presumably, theoretically, no one is able to control anyone else, since all control is based on submission: "do this, or I'll kill you" is still a choice, albeit a shitty one... certainly not the kind of choice Kinjo was referring to, though. In practice, there are people who are unable to develop the requisite strength of will through no fault of their own. If you don't have the time, knowledge, or inclination to meditate fourteen hours a day on self-control, you are a slave to anything that gets a foothold on you.

Making someone do something via the threat of death is controlling someone, hopefully every human is enacted with the sense of self preservation. To say otherwise is to just being petty and fishing for arguments.

Obviously there is no choice for change when your only option is be controlled or death and choosing death is ending your existence and does nothing to further/better ones life.

Looks like your just picking arguments with me. And its irritating so go nag someone else’s post.

+Quote Post

Vilhjalmr
post Apr 17 2009, 09:36 PM
Post #10

Zelator
Group Icon

If the last sentence didn't clue you in, I was disagreeing with Kinjo & trying to expand on esoterica's comment... which would mean I agreed with you. Your response is completely irrelevant. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hmm.gif)

This post has been edited by Vilhjalmr: Apr 17 2009, 10:06 PM

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

Aphrodite
post Apr 18 2009, 03:58 AM
Post #11

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vilhjalmr @ Apr 17 2009, 11:36 PM) *

If the last sentence didn't clue you in, I was disagreeing with Kinjo & trying to expand on esoterica's comment... which would mean I agreed with you. Your response is completely irrelevant. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hmm.gif)

Wow your far beyond what I imagined. . .I was responding to your "no one is able to control anyone else" statement. So my post was relevant and your was. . . just pathetic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bigwink.gif)

+Quote Post

Vilhjalmr
post Apr 18 2009, 07:29 PM
Post #12

Zelator
Group Icon

Why were you responding to a comment that wasn't directed at you, and then accusing me of jumping on you?

Why can't we just be friends :'(

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

Lord_Vahn
post Aug 18 2009, 09:15 AM
Post #13

Neophyte
Group Icon

think the people in this forum are seemingly blinded by privilege. Guns don’t hold people back? A gun pointed to your head or a family member’s head? I don’t think you have the time and or mental capacity to sit and do spells to change your oppressed situation.

-Aphrodite

true... in that given situtation there is no time to chat and preform a ritual, but thier is a magick deeper and greater then any we can ever attain. our life here is only temporary, I don't speak out of prevlige but from faith... I'am a true believer that faith will overcome all.
that in that situation when you are given the choice to do or die perhapes magick or faith wont save you in the physical sense but i beileve its power transendes life and death... mock me and call me prevliged if you must... but i choose to believe, in that instance thats all you can do. even if something is wrong its no reason not to beileve sometimes thats all you have...
maybe it is a prevlige to have such faith...

-Vilhjalmr

Also true a choice is still a choice, wether you like what youre choosing or not and if you choose to decide or not you've still made that choice....

Making someone do something via the threat of death is controlling someone, hopefully every human is enacted with the sense of self preservation. To say otherwise is to just being petty and fishing for arguments.

Obviously there is no choice for change when your only option is be controlled or death and choosing death is ending your existence and does nothing to further/better ones life.

Looks like your just picking arguments with me. And its irritating so go nag someone else’s post.

-Aphrodite

I see what youre saying but i dont think and or beilve that when you die you cease to exist, when I sleep Iam not awake but i dont stop existing... even if there is no after life i believe i will continue to live on in the hearts and memories of those closest to me...
(though i know that last line wasnt directed at me, I'm not trying to fight anybody here please don't get irritated iam just trying to convey what i believe and think to you while understanding where you are coming from.)

as for myself by studying and practicing magick i think you fullfill youre birth right and in doing so you become more then just human perhapes then we can transend these "rules" which is where i beileve esoterica was coming from....

though i could be wrong I'm not god nor a sage... i certainly am not making any claims

--------------------
All who wander are not lost,
On our quest for knowledge we simply take different roads
but together through understanding study and deiligence
we can work toward our unique dreams and goals.
united by a our thirst for knowledege
it is my hope and dream,
that by our combined power
we can build a briliant future
for a greater spiritual world.
wishing you the best on your own spiritual journey
Lord Vahn Bieale De La Exodus.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes