Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Safe To Do A Binding?!
skye-foxe
post May 1 2009, 03:47 AM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

Ok, so I have been with my partner for about 4 years and recently his ex girlfriend has come back on the scene and is doing everything she can to try and contact him/see him.

We both know that her intentions are to get back together with him, do you feel it would be acceptable to perform a binding spell to stop her from causing any harm(mental/emotional) to the both of us?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated Smiley

Love n Light
Skye

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

esoterica
post May 1 2009, 06:33 AM
Post #2

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

hell yeah, put rotten corn kernels in her food, and vamp her ass too

Smiley

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post May 1 2009, 10:37 AM
Post #3

Practicus
Group Icon

Do you really think your partner of four years would go back to her? This seems to be an issue of trust. If you both confront her together, that might be all the solution you need.

Of course it's never safe to do a binding, the law of rhythm will bring it back to you unless you know how to transcend that law (and wouldn't be having this problem if you did). Say a bad word about someone and it will come back to you, hit someone with your fist and it comes back to you, one way or another - I'm not suggesting some 'rule of three' nonsense here, but simply universal cause and effect.

I tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to relationships of the heartfelt personal nature, a little magic can do a lot of harm before the universe has rebalanced itself.

Besides that, if there's no danger that your partner will leave you and go back to her, then there's nothing really to worry about unless she's truly psychopathic - like get a restraining order psycho, not just irritating and emo - in which case a legal binding would be about all you really need. If there is some worry that your partner will leave though... well then you have different problems and may want to examine your relationship to one another anyway.

Life is difficult! Magic doesn't solve all your problems, and resorting to magic when there are other options almost always teaches you a valuable lesson that you won't like learning. Learn to expand your awareness, see with your inner eyes, and work inside the flow of the natural rhythms of life and you'll have learned the real magic, and things like this won't be a problem. Ironically, we don't learn that by doing magic, but by examining life in a magical light.

Of course that's all just my own bit of sophistry.

Peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

valkyrie
post May 1 2009, 11:51 AM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

i do NOT recommend binding!

as you should already know, if you are capable of binding a person in the first place (takes more energy to do), spells and magic always connect you with the person you are casting them over. unless you want to be connected with this person for however long the binding spell lasts...do not bind her.

instead send her away. that is a much better spell option, it takes less energy and you can detach yourself from her negative energy that way. if you feel like you will pay for your spell or you will face karmic retribution for your manipulations...either bless her with a romance/adventure of her own, or cause your lover to look so disgusting and uninteresting in her eyes she will leave him by herself. think of it as a temporary reverse glamour spell.

mentally tear the chords that attached you and your man with her...and dust off your feet. your lover should do the same. cleanse...do something. banish...whatever your ritual..ensure that her energy is not lingering with either of you after she has gone. you don't want her coming back.

while she is still there, do not be patient with her do not engage her do not be nice to her do not be mean or rude to her. do not talk to her. treat her like a stranger. do not allow her to incite emotions or get in the way of your life. be neutral. do not allow her to take over or effect you. when she realizes you have no place for her or room to pay attention to her, she will leave.

of course that means that ONLY AFTER shes gone you should lift the spell, and draw a new one that wards away intruders from your territory. a 'he's mine' spell. leave some sort of physical evidence on him (doesn't have to be permanent). something as simple as a hickey or nail and bite marks are fine. give him some new cologne, and wear some on yourself...that way you have your 'scent' on him. write your name on the bottom of his shoe or on the inside of his clothing. (a pant leg is fine...lol unless you are naughty).

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) of course, your boyfriend should agree to all of this before you do it...in fact, he could make it twice as effective just by willingly helping out. keep the spells a secret from everyone else around you though. lol.

good luck. i hope this helps (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)-valkyrie

This post has been edited by valkyrie: May 1 2009, 11:54 AM

+Quote Post

esoterica
post May 1 2009, 02:40 PM
Post #5

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

wow - so much carefulness you guys!

This post has been edited by esoterica: May 1 2009, 02:45 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Vilhjalmr
post May 1 2009, 06:17 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

I'm gonna go with esoterica on this one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Put some arsenic in her underwear!

...alright, alright, maybe that's going a little far.

Edit:
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ May 1 2009, 11:37 AM) *
Do you really think your partner of four years would go back to [someone else]?

Mine did.

This post has been edited by Vilhjalmr: May 2 2009, 12:28 AM

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

valkyrie
post May 2 2009, 12:49 AM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

excuse me..lol. it seems that i did appear a little over cautious. the truth is, i was only being technical and overcautious concerning spells. if it were me...perhaps i would bother to cast spells...or perhaps i would not bother at all and instead i would just kick that skanks ass and resort to all catty like behaviors to get rid of her.

but if you are the calm type, which i got the impression you were, and somebody who is worried about 'what gos around comes around'...well, i made a point of offering you some solid magical advice....(in my opinion).

just don't rely on the magic to resolve your problems. i find a really good rule of thumb to go by is this: magic works best when you don't need it. magic works best when its not subject to performance pressure. magic works best when you are already on your way to succeeding in your venture.

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post May 2 2009, 03:21 AM
Post #8

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vilhjalmr @ May 1 2009, 08:17 PM) *

I'm gonna go with esoterica on this one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Put some arsenic in her underwear!

...alright, alright, maybe that's going a little far.

Edit:

Mine did.

A: You're 19, and no offense, but biologically speaking teenagers are less chemically stable than mature (biologically) adults, and are prone to what would typically be considered bipolar disorder were it not for the gross general condition of teenagers the world over. It's a necessary biological development for the brain to explore the limits of emotional capability which is why teenagers are so classically emotional as the body adjusts to new hormone fluctuations and the consciousness seeks definition.

B: That's a case in point regardless of the hormonal circumstances. I'm not going to say that a relationship doesn't require work, although frankly the true 'soul mate' relationship requires less than others (and also tends to be very over when it is over, with fewer 'hard feelings', as soul mates are all about lessons) - but frankly if you are worried that your partner will leave you, then chances are there are other issues at work in the relationship.

As an example, in no way suggesting anything in terms of quality comparison, my partner and I are both surrounded by exes - his are very social with him, and a few of them are pretty vocal about 'waiting for us to break up' even though it's all 'in good fun.' Two of my exes have put their lives on hold waiting for me to come around, and while I in no way encourage that, they each still hold a special place in my heart for the part of my lives they influenced.

But I'm not even a little worried my partner will leave me - I have no reason to be. We're open about our feelings, fears, dreams, hopes, and emotions. We spend time bonding on a level beyond words, because we both want to forge a transcendental relationship with one another. I've openly admitted that my body still yearns for one of my exes, but being open and honest about it reduces the fear, although that may seem counter intuitive. He is a little more physically focused than I am, but we are both psychologically focused on one another, and we've discussed our issues thoroughly so that we both know where to cut one another slack, where to support, where to push, and how to consciously balance one another out.

I'm not tauting the merits of my relationship here, and every pair is going to be a little different, but if you have any doubts about the faithfulness of your partner, there is a reason and you need to find out what it is and rectify it. It may be instinct, it may be psychological complexes, on your part or the other's, but it doesn't matter until you confront it and share it with one another, and overcome it together.

ANd if your partner leaves you, either you never did resolve those issues, or one or the other of you wasn't ready for that relationship in the first place - or it had run its course. And you can't fault your partner for leaving you if they do, because if it was the place they were supposed to be, and they were ready to be there, they wouldn't have left in the first place.

That was the point I was driving at, not the idea that if someone is with you for some amount of time they're just automatically going to stay with you. I was essentially asking, "After four years, do you know one another so superficially that there is some question as to his loyalty?"

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

esoterica
post May 2 2009, 07:52 AM
Post #9

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

bind his heart to yours with a meal involving curry - if he won't eat the curry, or he gets sick after he does, then its too late and >>kick that skanks ass (lol)

gotta fight for what you love, but love is not ownership

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Darkmage
post May 2 2009, 09:14 AM
Post #10

Snarkmeister
Group Icon

gotta fight for what you love, but love is not ownership

AMEN. I've been on the wrong side of too many people who think it is--that and control. All they proved to *me* was they don't know shit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/Gigakach_02.gif)

Anyways, @OP: why don't you just talk to him, find out what *his* intentions are in this situation? It can't hurt, and this way you can make sure you're on the same page. Then, honestly, I'd hang back and watch the situation unfold for a while before you do anything. Whether or not you choose to throw a binding or a curse is your call, but why waste your energy if it's not going to be needed? Sometimes these situations clear up on their own. Also, think about what *you* want from this relationship--oftentimes, I have found situations like these are wake-up calls asking 'Is this what you *really* want?' Whatever you answer it's OK, but make sure you're telling yourself and the Universe the truth.

Good luck...

--------------------
As the water grinds the stone,
We rise and fall
As our ashes turn to dust,
We shine like stars...
--Covenant, "Bullet"

+Quote Post

Vilhjalmr
post May 2 2009, 03:45 PM
Post #11

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ May 2 2009, 04:21 AM) *

A: You're 19, and no offense, but biologically speaking teenagers are less chemically stable than mature (biologically) adults

I take offense to that.

No, I kid. I agree with everything you said; I wasn't trying to refute your statement, only to point out that four years is no guarantee. But I see you know that. It is all very good advice; all my jealousy was for nothing, it seems. If you really love someone set them free, etc etc. I don't know how you stand it - all the exes and stuff - but maybe in time and with effort my "issues" will get better.

I was essentially asking, "After four years, do you know one another so superficially that there is some question as to his loyalty?"

Well, I certainly didn't think so. I was sure of our relationship. After four years! Knowing we would be married as soon as we could! I was working and going to (pre-)med school to support us; it was hell, but I did it. There was no doubt in my mind that we were Meant To Be, until one day I was out buying gifts for him, and I come home and... "there's someone else, bye". I haven't talked to him or seen him since. I haven't seen much of anyone, because I dropped out of school and spend all my time living in my parents' house, locked in my room, posting on forums and shooting up 24/7.

My fault, I know. But I still cannot begin to understand or forgive him.

This post has been edited by Vilhjalmr: May 2 2009, 03:49 PM

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

esoterica
post May 4 2009, 10:20 AM
Post #12

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

>>I haven't seen much of anyone, because I dropped out of school and spend all my time living in my parents' house, locked in my room, posting on forums and shooting up 24/7.

scary, V! - i just wore out a few sukkubi and got on with it - guess it also depends on what you are shooting up (graverobbing?)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Vilhjalmr
post May 5 2009, 02:17 AM
Post #13

Zelator
Group Icon

Ah, I don't meet many succubi... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'm shooting up convenience stores... nah, I kid I kid. I like any and all opioids. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

skye-foxe
post May 5 2009, 08:17 AM
Post #14

Initiate
Group Icon

thank you all for your helpful replies and advice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) greatly appreciated!

I defo trust my man, but I know women can be very spiteful and I guess that puts doubt in my mind

Am gonna hold back for now and see what happens, maybe everything will chill out (fingers crossed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif))

B*B
Skye

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse