Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Help! Still Not Practising Magick?
skye-foxe
post Mar 20 2009, 10:45 AM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

Merry Meet Everyone!

I am pretty new to this forum, but not new to paganism in general.

I was brought up on a farm in the countryside and have always had a close affinity with nature and animals. I started reading about Wicca and paganism in my early teens and also read as up much info as I could find about crystals, divination etc

I love mother nature and how everything is connected and I would refer to myself as a pagan. I also very much believe in the properties of herbs/flowers crystals etc and love making my own soaps.

I am asking advice because as of yet, I still haven't really delved into practising magick/meditation work etc. Where do you think I should start?

As a lot of my information has come from Wicca books, I am aware of the common practise within Wicca, however I do not feel comfortable with the complicated rituals involved with wicca.
I am also not sure if I believe in a personified God/Goddess, as I have never felt their direct presence, however I do believe that there is definately a lifeforce at work within our world.

Where do I start with exploring the magickal world?

Brightest Blessings
Skye (IMG:style_emoticons/default/witch.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

esoterica
post Mar 20 2009, 01:41 PM
Post #2

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

my system is primal, and is considered whacked

it is not wicca or witchcraft or anything normal

read through the following, and if it feels wrong for you at any point, stop reading and quit doing it

scout out a place that is private enough not to be seen, and with enough room to walk around in a comfortable circle

if it's too cold outside you can do it inside, but the circle will warm significantly after you start

you can do it at night or in the daytime, it makes no much difference

remove all metal items within reason from your body - braces and hairpins and medical stuff don't matter, just no rings or stuff unless you are meaning to dedicate it, then you would carry it with you

bring a small gift for the woods or earth (that won't hurt any animals if they were to eat it), and something like a small stone to mark your place

the gift will be left hidden at the site as a token of appreciation (not a sacrifice - no sacrifices, blood or payment of any kind is required)

in the place you have chosen, one that feels 'right' for this, place the stone on the ground, then sit comfortably and quietly and stare on the stone

look closely at everything within , imprinting it on your memory forever - see if you see any faces or shapes

expand your senses as far as they will go - if they recoil from something, then leave that area alone

you are a passive hunter, putting out no energy - only listening intently

be so quiet and still that when you do speak, it shakes the whole universe, even if you whisper

say hello, and ask nothing of the universe except to recognise you and welcome you home

look for wind, mist, shapes, whatever around you that are moving or changing

give them your gift, putting it on the ground, or on the stone

commune with the spirits that come, drawing health and safety and peace from the earth you sit on, and the air that caresses your lungs

realize that there is no difference between them and you, but that you just appear more solid than they do

they are as real as you, or me, or the ground, or the air, or the plants

feeling is everything - extend your senses again and just feel

tiny, subtle feelings come like glistening motes and they may even land upon your skin and hair

their laughter is contagious, and they invite you to join them in their happiness and rightness

and so is their energy, but just store it up for now, in a delicious plum-pudding or cobbler type thought

they are also shamans and witches and natives of the earth, but they live closer to it than you

ask them about whatever you want - they are possibly your new friends - think of how you would approach meeting other people in the mall or store

they probably know more about you than you have forgotten about yourself, and that you have forgotten about them

they seem to understand that we forget, although they don't know why either, and they respect those that attempt to evolve

when you feel tired, tell your new friends that you must go rest, but that you will come again, then rise and go carefully from the area

run if you want, and use some of that energy that pulses around your lower spine so hard - try gently pushing with your will to protect that area

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

azareth
post Mar 29 2009, 03:47 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

I will post here the reply foryour PM:
Exactly friend,The mother Sirius B is Isis The son Sirius A is Horus,(Its attributed with spheres Kether,father or Osiris,Mother Binah,Isis,Son Tiphreth ,Horus)the son preceding the father .BTW you know alot about ancient egypt.I studied many traditions,Egyptian,Greek,Norse.western,Black,white magick,necromancy,Golden dawn,thelema,OTO,but i found none as charming as the simple Egyptian tradition.I think of it as the ultimate and most beautiful and gracefull tradition.
The concept of the court of Osiris and The weighting of the heart with a feather,is poetic as well as beautiful and divine.

There is a similarity between Horus and christ.but the point is Horus is Incarnated Many times (the ever coming son) is one of his names.
Horus was born somtime in december (23 i think) so is jesus.Horus's birth is announced by an eastern star (Sirius),same for jesus,both reserected.

The incarnation is eternal and it's happening now as it happened before,the eternal conflict between immortal Horus and seth is the reason for the balance between good and evil.
Our everyday life is the same concept.

Thank you Friend for your intrest in my Topics,I await more of your insights and opinion,you have a friend in me...

Sincerely
Azareth

NOTE :sorry for posting here but my Pm is not working at the moment.

This post has been edited by azareth: Mar 29 2009, 04:00 PM

+Quote Post

skye-foxe
post Apr 2 2009, 08:09 AM
Post #4

Initiate
Group Icon

Hi Esoterica,

Thank you so much for your thoughts and comments, I really appreciate it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/i_triangle.gif)

love n light
Skye

QUOTE(esoterica @ Mar 20 2009, 08:41 PM) *

my system is primal, and is considered whacked

it is not wicca or witchcraft or anything normal

read through the following, and if it feels wrong for you at any point, stop reading and quit doing it

scout out a place that is private enough not to be seen, and with enough room to walk around in a comfortable circle

if it's too cold outside you can do it inside, but the circle will warm significantly after you start

you can do it at night or in the daytime, it makes no much difference

remove all metal items within reason from your body - braces and hairpins and medical stuff don't matter, just no rings or stuff unless you are meaning to dedicate it, then you would carry it with you

bring a small gift for the woods or earth (that won't hurt any animals if they were to eat it), and something like a small stone to mark your place

the gift will be left hidden at the site as a token of appreciation (not a sacrifice - no sacrifices, blood or payment of any kind is required)

in the place you have chosen, one that feels 'right' for this, place the stone on the ground, then sit comfortably and quietly and stare on the stone

look closely at everything within , imprinting it on your memory forever - see if you see any faces or shapes

expand your senses as far as they will go - if they recoil from something, then leave that area alone

you are a passive hunter, putting out no energy - only listening intently

be so quiet and still that when you do speak, it shakes the whole universe, even if you whisper

say hello, and ask nothing of the universe except to recognise you and welcome you home

look for wind, mist, shapes, whatever around you that are moving or changing

give them your gift, putting it on the ground, or on the stone

commune with the spirits that come, drawing health and safety and peace from the earth you sit on, and the air that caresses your lungs

realize that there is no difference between them and you, but that you just appear more solid than they do

they are as real as you, or me, or the ground, or the air, or the plants

feeling is everything - extend your senses again and just feel

tiny, subtle feelings come like glistening motes and they may even land upon your skin and hair

their laughter is contagious, and they invite you to join them in their happiness and rightness

and so is their energy, but just store it up for now, in a delicious plum-pudding or cobbler type thought

they are also shamans and witches and natives of the earth, but they live closer to it than you

ask them about whatever you want - they are possibly your new friends - think of how you would approach meeting other people in the mall or store

they probably know more about you than you have forgotten about yourself, and that you have forgotten about them

they seem to understand that we forget, although they don't know why either, and they respect those that attempt to evolve

when you feel tired, tell your new friends that you must go rest, but that you will come again, then rise and go carefully from the area

run if you want, and use some of that energy that pulses around your lower spine so hard - try gently pushing with your will to protect that area

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse