Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Illuminati/masonic Type Conspirisory Theories., Subliminal imagery in marketing and so on.
Mchawi
post May 9 2009, 10:22 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

Its obvious theres something going on, but a lot of the people trying to break it down just have no clue about the occult and end up throwing in all sorts of rubbish thinking they're making a point, watching a video now and the O.T.O was cast as an evil occult group .lol. None of them are likely to have looked into satanism well enough to break down anything that could be there and (from what I know) satanism has its own thing going and isn't the all out evil philosophy most would assume it to be.

Other than that its obvious groups are putting symbology into products, music videos, television programs and so on... too obvious.... but if anything I'm now thinking the inverse.... that these symbols and so on are being put there with the knowledge that conspirisory theorists are going to mull over it all and ultimately turn people AGAINST otherwise (very) well meaning occult groups assuming hexagrams and sun symbols to be signs of some N.W.O take over and the illuminati's attempt to take over confusing illumination with the opposite of what those negative forces are about.

Some of it is intresting, like the symbology of Rihanna's Umbrella video....

Part 15 of this playlist;

What do people make of it all?

Peace
.M.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Lucifer
post Jul 30 2009, 06:49 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

I watched that entire horrid, goddamn thing; and I didn't see any "occult" symbols. I did see a triangle though.

Maybe I am missing something?

--------------------
My Profile: http://www.magickcircles.com/BadGirl

+Quote Post

Xenomancer
post Jul 30 2009, 08:48 AM
Post #3

Rode off into the sunset...
Group Icon
From: AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON

I watched that entire horrid, goddamn thing; and I didn't see any "occult" symbols. I did see a triangle though.

Maybe I am missing something?

Triangles are said to be representations of certain analogues within the universe...assuming you are working the idea from a Greco-Mathematical-Metaphysical perspective. If you aren't working from Aristotalian esoterics, then beyond that, I can't help. *shrug*

--------------------
IPB Image
¡HA HA! ¡ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET!
-Never learn the Art of Sword before the Art of Dance. - Celtic Proverb
-Even with spiritual power, an unchecked ego will only seek to deify itself. - Frank MacEowen
-One cannot traverse waters without causing waves. - Xenomancer
-I find it interesting that we as scholars of metaphysics have no problem discussing the intricacies of the threads of reality, but when it comes to the things that really matter, we forget them. - Xenomancer
-This world is your home. We have a mix of everything here. If you want better, make better. There's no rule of going elsewhere for the tools. That's what magick is about. - Xenomancer

+Quote Post

bumdhar
post Aug 15 2009, 08:30 AM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Mchawi @ May 9 2009, 11:22 AM) *

Its obvious theres something going on, but a lot of the people trying to break it down just have no clue about the occult and end up throwing in all sorts of rubbish thinking they're making a point, watching a video now and the O.T.O was cast as an evil occult group .lol. None of them are likely to have looked into satanism well enough to break down anything that could be there and (from what I know) satanism has its own thing going and isn't the all out evil philosophy most would assume it to be.

Other than that its obvious groups are putting symbology into products, music videos, television programs and so on... too obvious.... but if anything I'm now thinking the inverse.... that these symbols and so on are being put there with the knowledge that conspirisory theorists are going to mull over it all and ultimately turn people AGAINST otherwise (very) well meaning occult groups assuming hexagrams and sun symbols to be signs of some N.W.O take over and the illuminati's attempt to take over confusing illumination with the opposite of what those negative forces are about.

Some of it is intresting, like the symbology of Rihanna's Umbrella video....

Part 15 of this playlist;

The music industry and the occult

What do people make of it all?

Peace
.M.

There's a lot of BS out there. I watched a Vid from one Alex Jones once and was just rolling with laughter. (It think he's 20% right about some stuff, the other things, way off base.) When I returned vid to friend who loaned it to me, I told him how funny and far out I thought it was. He said it wasn't funny. It was true.

If you're interested in investigating the mysteries of the Illuminati check out Robert Anton Wilson's cosmic Trigger Vol I. Even though it was written 30 years ago it's still quite good. Or even his Illuminatus.

As for symbolisms in music vids and on TV shows, movies, I wouldn't say it's orchestrated--but it these symbols are a part of our western tradition and are used sometimes unconsciously. They may be more prevalent lately because of the growing popularity with fantasy and magick--and people are exploring these ideas coming from a Harry Potter, LOR, or TV shows like Super Natural, Charmed, etc etc. Or, it could be you just notice it more because you're "in tune" to them--in a synchronistic manner.

Thinking of music, music has always had an interest in the occult. Music is occult, if you think about it. There are initiates, the players, who know how to play instruments, or can read tab or music--to someone who doesn't play all this is very mysterious and we are in awe of them. And if you think of all the old folk and blues songs that use deep metaphors, or talk about the devil, and all that--it's all very interesting. Basically I'm saying that occult symbols metaphorical usage have always been there in poetry and music.

You're right in thinking that conspiracy groups are clueless about the occult. Usually they have some Christian programming that lumps all the "Occult" as evil and satanic. It is to difficult for them to perform simple mental gymnastics to think outside this simple black and white paradigm. But they are entertaining.

Salaam

+Quote Post

Petrus
post Aug 21 2009, 05:43 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

Ah, yes...the ever-present Illuminaughty. Alex Jones has reason to be grateful for their existence, even if the rest of us don't; he makes a tidy profit because of them, from what I've seen. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I don't give a crap about them, personally. From what little I've read, they're apparently a group of multinational Luciferian megalomaniacs who get together a few times a year to do ritual and talk about how to effectively impersonate Sauron, but truthfully I haven't cared enough to look for the details.

I don't doubt that they do exist; experience has taught me that generally speaking, where there's smoke, there's usually at least a small amount of fire, although often it's buried under a lot of exactly the type of sensationalist BS that Jones, coincidentally, makes a living from. However, the very fact of their existence on its' own, for me doesn't get past the "So what?" filter.

If they're a group trying to take over the world, then they're going to need to take a ticket and get in line, because they certainly weren't the first group to have that idea, regardless of how old they are. The world domination meme has been doing the rounds since we first came down out of the trees, but as far as I'm concerned, anyone on that path who hasn't figured out that all they're setting themselves up for in the end, is a beaurecratic and administrative nightmare on a scale that they've never dreamed of, deserves everything they get when it finally hits them. Wanting to subjugate the planet isn't so much evil as it is simply fscking unintelligent, in my view. Someone being LHP is fine; what I object to is them being a moron. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

They may or may not have some legitimate occult ability; they also may or may not be the supposed supreme group of evildoers who are currently running the show. Either way, they really don't amount to much more, in the grand scheme of things, than just another element of the overall ecosystem; an ecosystem which has room for as many malevolent influences as benevolent ones.

I will, however, admit that they were a very small part of the reason why I initially got interested in magic in the first place, because if they're even 10% as bad as people say they are, then I don't really want a group like that around if they have magical ability and I don't; it's an application of the principle of Mutually Assured Destruction. As far as I'm concerned, if you're worried about them, the smart thing to do is to try and level the playing field.

If we as a species do end up destroying ourselves, placing the blame at the feet of any single group of tyrannical bogeymen is going to be an abdication of responsibility. If it happens, it will be all of our fault; mine included. The Illuminati or whoever else can try and do whatever they want, but the only way that amounts to more than a hill of beans is if nobody else opposes them. They only win if the rest of us are passive.

This post has been edited by Petrus: Aug 21 2009, 05:50 PM

--------------------
Magical Evocation. All the fun of train surfing, without having to leave the house.

+Quote Post

bumdhar
post Sep 1 2009, 07:30 PM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

The most recent podcast of Occult of Personality talks about some of this stuff...
http://www.occultofpersonality.net

For those that don't listen to this podcast and are interested in the occult and Magick you should give it a listen.

This post has been edited by bumdhar: Sep 1 2009, 07:33 PM

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Sep 1 2009, 10:10 PM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

Personally I don't take it very seriously either. Mike Myers' take of the illuminati from I Married an Axe Murderer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCrT96QJBfQ

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse