Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Combat Meditation, Not sure if this fits into chaos magick, but it is of chaotic nature
Barnard
post Jul 4 2009, 05:25 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Meditation is known to relax the mind and body for spirtual alignment and magical training. Strange thing is, that the one and only time I performed a supernatural act was in an emergency situation. This implies that power can be activated with not only order, but with chaos as well. In fact, it was mortal fear, a chaotic intance, that gave me defense in an otherwise inescapable attack. Depression, another chaotic emotion, seems to enhance my intellectual capacity. The power of chaos seems much more powerful then that of order.

When I joined the Army 3 years ago, I had started smoking some months after enlistment. This was because I needed a patience extension, as the military service was more like community service - yard work and general maintenance as opposed to the artillery computer systems that I was trained for. Until recently, I have lost sight of the alternate reason for me to start smoking - to eventually quit cold turkey and harness the energy of the stress.

I have been smoking at a rate of at least one pack a day. I have decided to go head and embrace the withdrawl symptoms of quiting today, by channeling that energy into my own type of chaos meditation. I don't know if anyone else has tried this type, but what I do is a series of martial arts movements. Not so much as strikes and attacks, but more like a dance. Occassionally I may throw in a few kicks and graceful movements, but its mostly non-violent, smooth, but sometimes fast paced movements, vauguely resembling a dance.

When I do this form of mediation, the cigarette cravings quickly disappear as I am channeling the negative energy. If this doesn't work for you in training your mind for magic, its atleast a free and quick method of quitting smoking. If anyone has tried this, or is considering it, please let me know what kind of results came out of it. Thanks.

EDIT - The big thing that reminded me of this was when I was watching a documentary of the discovery channel about a ghost. The paranormal activity occured in every house the person lived in and seemed to only occur around this one woman. A thoery mentioned is that the frequently flying and moving objects wasn't a ghost at all, but the subconsciense of the woman herself, involuntarily performing telekinesis, aroused by stress. Negative emotional energy - chaos magic. This, I'm more inclined to follow, as my power drew from powerful negative energy.

This post has been edited by Barnard: Jul 4 2009, 05:35 PM

--------------------
Stand strong for what's true in your heart, your mind and your soul. Be different. Be true. Be real.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Casadeluna
post Jul 18 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

dude badass, i like where ur heads at...never heard of such a form of movin mite being summoned for such a task...but hey if it works for you thats epic, have you ever used like,....umm a stick or something during your chaotic dance (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) i too enjoy such active awareness, excitement, then relaxation,,,chaos,,,then order

Edit: i think the chaos seemed more appealing to you because you were low in that energie field, its not that its better just that you wern't paying enough attention to it, i say this only because it will be easier to avoid being wrapped up in such a void,....eliminating order, this aint no game of pong, evolve to 3d graphics!

This post has been edited by Casadeluna: Jul 18 2009, 11:15 AM

+Quote Post

Barnard
post Jul 30 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Very well observed. I am lowon the negative energy. I can let it build up, but every time I try to harness it, it drains quickly. That's why I can eliminate cigarette cravings at will, without medical or psychological help. But in order to succcessfully harness that energy, I will need alot of it to begin with, a trmendous amount

--------------------
Stand strong for what's true in your heart, your mind and your soul. Be different. Be true. Be real.

+Quote Post

Casadeluna
post Jul 31 2009, 10:40 AM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

or just a better way of managing it.
the cig craveing are just a tool your using to measure your energy and will, maybe, perhaps while in meditative dance clear your thoughts with each move, and once its clear see where your mind goes, and let it go anywhere.

III

+Quote Post

Barnard
post Sep 16 2009, 09:40 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

Managing indeed. It kills any negative emotion, even the romantic heartbreak I suffered afew months ago. Great idea about the stick. Having an object to direct on may be psychologically useful in my focus

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse