Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Jaguar Women, Who, what, where?
bym
post Sep 29 2009, 01:35 AM
Post #1

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings!
I was talking with my Shamanic sister the other day. She belongs to a group of shamans which practice out of Kentucky
and thinks very highly of them. They have and do work with many different facets of shamanics and I'm not very privy to their methods, etc. They have an extremely strong code/tradition that they follow (according to my sister) and are not ones to advertise their presence for all to see...though, surprisingly, they do operate a web-site! I have not talked with them about listing this site or, for that matter, much of any info regarding them. I'm sure my dear sister is grateful for that...

But...my sister mentioned a group/confederacy/cabal of shamanic-like women named Jaguar Women (I have no idea about whether or not they are related to the Lynn Andrews 'Jaguar Woman' book or not). She claims that they are Dream Masters/DreamWalkers and are very powerful. I'd like to know more...but, alas, there is little published about them that I've been able to find. Does anyone here heard tell of this group of women? I'd certainly be grateful for any info that you could find! They appear to be associated with the SW USA but this may not be universally true as their wanderings have brought them everywhere. I do not know their proclivities...I'd imagine that they are of Twilight but I do not know (Gods, I'm saying that more and more...)
Again, any help is appreciated! Thanks!

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Acid09
post Oct 1 2009, 09:26 PM
Post #2

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

The more information I have the more I can retrieve about it. As far as I can find about "Jaguar women" specifically is just a book called Jaguar woman : the wisdom of the butterfly tree be Lynn V. Andrews. It seems to be a book about the role of women in South and Central American Shamanism. Which I am sure you figured out on your own. A couple questions: What does SW USA mean to you; just south west America? And can you share the link to the web site you said they have? I know you said these guys like to stay private but if they run a web site they cannot be THAT private. I'd imagine they are just worried about attracting the attention of some of the more crazy religious zealots who might harass them. Otherwise I am unfamiliar with Jaguar women.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Aphrodite
post Oct 1 2009, 11:33 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

Hott women in their 30's Pumas, hott women in their 40's Cougars, hott women in their 50's Jaguars. . . that's true terminology. . . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bigwink.gif)

+Quote Post

Dancing Coyote
post Oct 1 2009, 11:41 PM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aphrodite @ Oct 2 2009, 12:33 AM) *

Hott women in their 30's Pumas, hott women in their 40's Cougars, hott women in their 50's Jaguars. . . that's true terminology. . . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bigwink.gif)

Lets paraphrase and call them all Sex-Kittens.

--------------------
"Any sufficiently advanced form of magick will appear indistinguishable from science"

+Quote Post

bym
post Oct 2 2009, 10:13 PM
Post #5

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings all!
Alas, 'sex kittens, et al." is not where I'd like this thread to go... To Acid09: The website I had mentioned was one for the Shamanic group my sister belongs to...not to be confused with the 'Jaguar Women'. I'll not be giving the url to the Shamanic group as they have a fairly private setting and had entrusted their site to their specific members. My knowing it was not in their plans...I'm protecting my sister, though there would be a row if she found out that I'm watching...
No...the Jaguar Women are Dreamwalkers and from what I can gather, fairly powerful. The last I had heard about them came from tales off the Hopi nation in the SW of the USA. This does not mean that they are centralized there but merely that was where I heard of them. I'm trying to get some more info from the Lenape tribe(s) through their Medicine People but they are very closed to the 'watsechu' (sp?) [meaning white fat/white man] *sigh* It's politics that gets in the way.
I'm sure that if I read Lynn Andrews book(s) I might be able to glean some more wheat from the chafe...we'll see. I will hobnob with my other wizardly friends this weekend and see if more info is to be had.
Again, though it is tittilating to envision sexy women with catlike attributes, I am looking for something that is something alltogether...more. Besides, at my age the libido has taken backseat to napping. *sigh* Just as well...

PS To Es: Any news from the hinterlands? I'm overdue for a visit... Perhaps you've heard tell of these Oneiromantic geldames? Or have I been impolitic? *grin*

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Oct 5 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #6

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

The other thing that I found in relation to Jaguar women is apperently its also a fashion company.... but I don't think you're interested in buying women's clothes... or are you? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hmm.gif)

At any rate jaguars are not native to south western USA. So I'm not sure what the connection is. Maybe they are just a group of people who call themselves Jaguar women and base their practices off of native American traditions. Which if that is true digging up information online could be nearly impossible. But I gave it a shot and so far I'm shooting blanks... sorry bym!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Darkmage
post Oct 5 2009, 10:10 PM
Post #7

Snarkmeister
Group Icon

Actually, jaguars used to range into southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas before the Spanish kicked them out. There have been jaguar sightings in southern AZ near the Mexican border, so wildlife officials believe they're slowly coming back into the US. Mountain lions are slowly doing the same thing and spreading east, back to their original range which was the entire continental US and parts of Canada. So long as our cities provide food they'll survive.

As to bym's question, I haven't a clue. We have a lot of Native tribes here and a lot of Hispanics that practise Santeria, but other than that, I don't know.

--------------------
As the water grinds the stone,
We rise and fall
As our ashes turn to dust,
We shine like stars...
--Covenant, "Bullet"

+Quote Post

bym
post Oct 6 2009, 03:03 AM
Post #8

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Thanks guys! I appreciate any and all info that you have come across or will come across! Their existance was told to me by a very trusted source but I have yet to explore her source for myself...not wanting to jeopardize her position within her tradition(s). I will leave this thread open for awhile in hopes that someone, somewhere may happen upon it. If my need becomes great, then I will approach my sources source and brave the consequences. How dramatic! LOL! Frankly, there are other means at my disposal but that may open up a serious can of whupass on me and I'm cautious at my age...or is it outright cowardice? *sigh*

The older I get the more I've come to realize my gross inadequacies on certain levels. (Wah!) More on this vein in another thread... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/baby.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.

+Quote Post

xXDaemonReignXx
post Oct 6 2009, 06:33 AM
Post #9

Zelator
Group Icon

Wow from baby to Adult to baby again tehehehe (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I havent really heard of anything like that but I will keep my ears to the groung okay.

My name is Michael by the way, very nice to meet you

--------------------
“Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world.”

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse