Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Dolls For Spirits And Not People..., spirit dolls....
levannah60
post Oct 13 2009, 12:47 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

was just wondering if anyone here has made any dolls for spirits, and not people. And if so, have you worked with these spirit dolls?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post Oct 24 2009, 01:27 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

i've never done it, but it's an interesting thought. would you use a doll with the general human shape? one would think that if a spirit were without a body for a long enough period of time, it would lose the will to hold onto a form that no longer defines it. would you be doing this for a spirit of a deceased person, or just for the spirit of someone living (i.e. helping to ease the spirit away for astral projection)? if it were for a spirit with no corporeal form, i would just use a talisman. but i'll wait for you to respond before i continue on with my thoughts on the subject.

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Oct 25 2009, 12:42 AM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

If the doll were to represent a deity, it would be called an idol. I can see how it might be a useful tool, depending on what the doll represents. For instance, you could use it as the physical base for a servitor. Anyhow it has possibilities. I've never used a doll or poppet like that, but it has possibilities.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

Kriemhilde
post Oct 27 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

Yup and yup. Some spirits are people, and you're not binding the person physically, you are binding their energy. With spirits it works the same way but to a greater degree because the spirits are not bound to a physical form already, and can become so. It's the same concept that applies to possession. Spirits, demons, nymphs, dryads, etc., can possess just about anything or anyone, living or inanimate. A person already has a physical form to which he or she is bound, so creating a doll of a living person has a far less effect and potency (though, don't get me wrong, they're still potent) than creating a doll for a spirit. It's some serious shit though you don't want to mess with unless you know what you're doing. Make sense?

--------------------
~ Spirits will guide you, may they save you.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse