Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Using Enochian Alphabet To Make A Sigil
grim789
post Nov 14 2009, 12:40 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

Ok so to start i write out my S.O.I. And then i break it down until its in its lowest form. Then i use this enochian alphabet
(IMG:http://www.angel-guide.com/images/enochian-alphabet-angelic-script.jpg).
Then i put the symbols in my sigil i was wondering if anyone has tried this? I am wanting to try this out but i do not know how it will work out. I am not to familiar with enochian magic i have read some stuff on it but i havent practiced it to much. I dont know if this is important or not but i always burn my sigils to send them off. So tell me what you think or ideas on this i would be glad to hear them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by grim789: Nov 14 2009, 12:44 AM

--------------------
When the devil cries in agony who then comes to his aide.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Dooley
post Nov 14 2009, 07:45 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Well, I've never done this, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't.

It's important to remember that with (IMG:style_emoticons/default/922.gif) the main rule is 'what feels powerful to you'. If you feel adding these Enochian symbols would really buff up your sigils, then I'd say it's something to try.

The only real downside that I see is on the forgetting part. If you grow too familiar with these Enochian letters then it could be hard to focus on your sigil without recalling original intent.

As for burning them, I have before, but I usually don't. I just throw away the pieces of paper that I use to formulate the final draft of the sigil. Then again, what feels 'magical' to you is what's important in your workings. If burning them gives you the right feeling, then by all means do so.

--------------------
Let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

+Quote Post

grim789
post Nov 14 2009, 11:21 AM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

Ok Thanks i was just curious to this. I am trying to familirize myself with enochian magic so i think this would be a good start. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fio Praeter Humanus
post Nov 16 2009, 07:09 AM
Post #4

Theurgist
Group Icon

Be careful using enochian in this context. I know you are using a chaos magick paradigm but in my experience the enochian letters have inherent meanings much like runes, the results might be unexpected. If you want to continue this route I would advise meditating and scrying on the letters, finding the meanings, then use them solo or in combination to fire off with those meaning, again sort of a quasi rune working.

--------------------

+Quote Post

grim789
post Nov 16 2009, 04:34 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fio Praeter Humanus @ Nov 16 2009, 09:09 AM) *

Be careful using enochian in this context. I know you are using a chaos magick paradigm but in my experience the enochian letters have inherent meanings much like runes, the results might be unexpected. If you want to continue this route I would advise meditating and scrying on the letters, finding the meanings, then use them solo or in combination to fire off with those meaning, again sort of a quasi rune working.

Thank you i have been reading more on enochian magick and scrying before i am going to activate my sigil i dont want to make a mistake. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bigwink.gif) But for now i think i am not going to rush anything.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse