Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Has Anyone Read Azoetia?
Relikhan
post Nov 17 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

I was wondering what the general opinion is on the work Azoetia. Anyone read it?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Nov 20 2009, 02:27 AM
Post #2

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(Relikhan @ Nov 17 2009, 03:50 PM) *

I was wondering what the general opinion is on the work Azoetia. Anyone read it?

This was posted several days ago, but it was the first i had heard about it, so I went to researching.

Apparently this book is hailed as a masterwork of sabbatic witchcraft in the new age (literal sense, not like 'newage'). It's one of the core books of the Cultus Sabbati it sounds like? Xoanon publishing is apparently very picky about who they sell books to, and only prints very limited releases of their titles (they are the Cultus Sabbati publishers as I understand it), which is why there's a copy on amazon for 2,000 bucks, just about.

I was able to read through it though, bits here and there that is, i'm still working on it a page a time. It is an incredibly complex book, and the sheer amount of material in each element of it takes me - and I cannot convey enough the gravity of this statement - hours to puzzle out. And, i'll have to go back through it again to get that next layer down.

This is not a grimoire in the traditional sense, I get the feeling that it is intended to be a sort of initiatory mystery just in and of itself.

All I can say so far is it is probably worth the cost just for the imagery and the food for contemplation and creative generation if nothing else. I don't see myself attempting any of the ritual work implied in the book itself for some time, but I'm glad that you asked about it, or I would not have discovered it at this temporal locale otherwise.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Relikhan
post Nov 20 2009, 03:52 PM
Post #3

Initiate
Group Icon

Thank you for the response it was most helpful.

+Quote Post

Kath
post Nov 21 2009, 08:46 AM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

I have a .pdf of it. I have not read it yet though.

--------------------
‘Εκατερινη
IPB Image
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Audaces fortuna iuvat

+Quote Post

knotworker
post Dec 29 2009, 02:39 PM
Post #5

Initiate
Group Icon

I have read the Azoetia, but it was awhile ago. The book itself is alittle hard to understand at some points but in general there is alot that can be gleaned from the text. Much of the focus is around the sabbat and "the Devil" but there are also parts describing tools, fetishes, various incantations and formula. Personally it was interesting but I didn't incorporate much of it into my general working. However the Ars Philtron, and the Viridarium Umbris by Shulke were extremely useful.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse