Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Healing Hands?
plainsight
post Feb 18 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

You know when you get cut or hit your head on something, whether big or small. The natural reflex to do is cup your hand over the wounded area. I was wondering if people think this is something more than a physical reaction?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Shimi
post Feb 19 2010, 07:46 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

I think its more of a protection from more harm kind of thing rather then related directly to some healing technique.(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Whisperling
post Feb 28 2010, 08:25 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

My natural reflex is to flail around yelling "OW OW OW WO WOWOW OW OW" lol!

I think it stems from when we are children and when we hurt ourselves the adult will generally place their hands over the area and "kiss it better." When we become independent and someone kissing a wound or a bump or a bruise starts creeping us out we then take over and do it for ourselves. I have on the occasion clasped my hands over my own wounds but it certainly didn't heal it! I agree that it's probably just a reaction to protect the area from any more harm.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

WanderingLoner
post Mar 26 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #4

Initiate
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shimi @ Feb 19 2010, 09:46 AM) *

I think its more of a protection from more harm kind of thing rather then related directly to some healing technique.(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This would be my thoughts as well. Another of our natural defense mechanisms.

--------------------
Yes, I guess you could say I am a loner, but I feel more lonely in a crowed room with boring people than I feel on my own.
-Henry Rollins

+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post Mar 27 2010, 12:06 AM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

Despite what you all have to say, I believe there may yet be a correlation between the physical act and the (possible) spiritual act. I think that if you want it to be healed(and regardless of whether or not you consciously desire so, you do), and you place your hands on the affected area with the intent of it feeling better(which everyone who does this does, regardless of whether or not you are consciously trying for it to manifest into a spiritual exercise), then wouldn't you very likely be subconsciously manifesting a spell of healing?

All practitioners of magick have either some story from a friend or one of their own detailing how some magickal act transpired without giving conscious volition to the act. So why can't there be a metaphysical parallel of the physical act of covering a wound with the hands?

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

VioletCalla
post Jun 3 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

Oddly enough, I would try to do that, but all I can do is move pain in my body around, not heal myself.

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Jun 5 2013, 11:33 AM
Post #7

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(VioletCalla @ Jun 4 2013, 12:39 AM) *

Oddly enough, I would try to do that, but all I can do is move pain in my body around, not heal myself.

Then try moving it out of your body, out the heels or palms.

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

idiotkuk
post Dec 13 2017, 09:35 PM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

i never cup my hands when i draw blood. I like when it flows
Dont do suicide. It cost alot of your being to be put here. just never cut your self. why would you cut your self. your self. you dont hate your self. you hate your situation.
dont kill your self. it will cost you your life and every good thing you did in it.If you want to kill your self you should talk to me first. it wont hurt you more than cutting your wrists

+Quote Post

idiotkuk
post Dec 13 2017, 10:21 PM
Post #9

Neophyte
Group Icon

Is this really about what you ask? It seems like such a trivial question to ask a lot of people involved in asking answers of big questions

Come on man.... Cup your hands spill your blood who cares. Im not trying to be mean but your question doestn really merit any answer.

Heres an answer. Maybe our species learned how to save our blood from the generations that died out becasue they didn know it. IT sounds so stupid man. what do you want. maybe youre a troll that wants honest people do shit their pants for you andi honestly think that this is what you want.
well now you have an honest answer and i look forward to your reply, in any ways i think you ask the wrong questions and maybe you could do with some counseling. I would be here for you in a personal regard, without judgement. as would many others, I think

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse