Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Accidental Creation, Question about creating what I belive to be are 'thought forms'
Violet
post Apr 15 2010, 10:23 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Since I was about 12 I would create characters as I like to call them. At first they were on paper and only there ... then they seemed to widdle their way into ... well, me. They talk and they seem to take on certain purposes within myself, almost like a strange possession or like I'm using their attributes. I know this sounds like I'm crazy, but they seem to have developed a mind of their own .... I know longer know if they even originated from me because they're so different from my initial intentions..... They even have their own .. voices now. There are now more than five of them. It's not like they're harmful, but I want to know what they are and what exactly I did to make them or where they came from if they aren't from me.

--------------------
You and me
we'll all go down in history
with sad statue of liberty
and a generation that didn't agree

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

bym
post Apr 15 2010, 04:13 PM
Post #2

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings Violet!
Well......since they are part of you, like any servitor/thought-construct, only you know why they're there. It is inconceiveable to me that they spontaneously occured 'magically'. Have you seen a counselor about these things?
When a magician 'creates' these things he/she does so with a purpose in mind. If they are happening without concious intent then you must seek out the reasons why. A mental health professional is sometimes needed. No shame. I repeat the over-quoted phrase often..."Know Thyself". It has been and will be debated as to the need for psychological counsel when one delves into magic. Dion Fortune, one of the premiere women of her age in the occult was, indeed, one of the first recognized female psychologists!

Any time one of your 'creations' developes a 'will of their own' you are skating on very thin ice. My opinion is to disperse with them and seek either counsel or stick to other pursuits....until you know, for sure, just what is going on! Possession is something that should not be fooled with and there are times when we need to seek help when we find that we are losing control. I wish you well! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

grim789
post Apr 15 2010, 06:47 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

Hmmm interesting i am 16 now and i still have what you might say an imaginary friend that i have had for forever i almost speak to him like its another person in my own mind. And sometimes seems like he almost comes up with things lol.

--------------------
When the devil cries in agony who then comes to his aide.

+Quote Post

bym
post Apr 15 2010, 08:48 PM
Post #4

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Ah, yes....'imaginary friends'. There's a great deal of difference here between an internal voice that you use as a dialogue or bridge with your unconcious and over 5 different voices, all having their own agenda's...or did I miss something? Since you wish to propose an alternate view, I suggest that you do, and back it up with your rationale. This is not a parlor game. I, IMHO, have a legitimate concern about this. No matter, Violet, I'm known as the Nasty Old Man with the brains of a sponge. Carry On!

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

Bb3
post Apr 16 2010, 04:16 AM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

I would like to mostly agree with Bym here, there's a radical difference between an imaginary friend and having five different voices floating around unaccounted for. One thing is this, a single imaginary friend that has been around since early childhood might not be so imaginary, it could be the voice of the Ancestor, it could be a divine helper, any number of things, but this voice would have been around as noted, since 'forever'.
Instead we are talking about five different 'characters' that a person has created through stories or thought-form. One legitimate way of looking at this violet would be that you created energy pockets, or spaces of energy within yourself for these fictional beings, but due to poor protection, bad MAGICAL parenting (pretty common in America) or just pure recklessness etc... less than scrupulous energies or entities came to inhabit those pockets of energy and are now basically feeding off of you. It might sound scary and it should, as suggested seek out a mental health professional if needed, but be wise in your discretion of taking prescription medication, sometimes this can help, sometimes this can hinder, ultimately it must be your decision. That of course isn't the only answer, but it's a good start and fairly safe. In truth get mental help without the idea of medication is something that should be practically mandatory, just like a physical visit to a doctor's office every once and awhile. If there's anything else you would like to know please ask.

--------------------
Mad skillz

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Apr 16 2010, 07:20 AM
Post #6

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

it doesn't sound like entities to me either

entities (the invisible folk) are not created by anyone but are fully-formed and are there all the time and you only have to become aware of them to become aware of them - oh boy can they come up with things on their own, including stuff you know you didn't know! - as far as voices, entities don't use our language, nor do they use words as we know them, to communicate, but their thoughts can sometimes appear in your head, like telepathy (without a voice), and you soon learn they have a 'position' in your awareness that is a 'linkage point' where their thoughts appear and where your thoughts, directed at that area, will be transmitted to them - there can even be multiple linkage points for multiple entities, and an overall point - talking with them is mostly a matter of removing the filters on what you consider real, then shutting up and listening for their thoughts/ideas popping into in your head - they are not breathlessly panting waining for you to connect

the bible lumps all the invisible people together and calls them demons, but the entities are just regular invisible people, more farmer or fisher or non-earthly than some hierarchical power-wielding force to be reckoned or entered into pacts with for whatever reason - entities are great companions to the lonely, but useless otherwise, and are mostly ignored, or called names, by adults, which is just sad and sickening when you think about it

the job of the normal shrink (sorry, lol) is to pull you back into the 'real' world, which is the world that everyone agrees is real - the problem is is that there is far more in the world that is real than what everyone agrees is real, and to find a mental health professional (is that better?) that understands that what is real for the regular person may not be what is real for you, is a difficult challenge - indeed, they usually just throw drugs at you and monitor the results, which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't - btdt, like most here

that said, to have 5 separate and distinct voices, and the ability to use their talents, almost sounds like multiple personality disorder to me, a serious condition that can lead to blackouts of yourself, where one of them takes over for a time - if this is the case, then my advice would be to seek help before it becomes a real problem - mpd is very real and lots of people have it, and yes some cultivate it, so that their worshipped gods and goddesses and figures can come to life and use their bodies (true possession, but where you ride along and watch the proceedings, not black out) - it is only when these personalities start doing their own thing with your body, or fighting over control of your body, does it become a problem, and if that is the case then it is time to find a solution, especially if they are like cartoon figures or something

This post has been edited by esoterica: Apr 16 2010, 07:42 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Violet
post Apr 16 2010, 08:17 AM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

I've been to counclers and the like and been medicated, but they still persist. I used to think it was a crazy thing, like I myself was crazy. I kinda of am, but mostly because of anxiety issues, nothing to explain the voices/creations. If it was something like that, I'd already have my answer seeing as how this has actually been a problem for a little more than a year now. I'm less than a month from being 19, so they've been around for almost seven years. I know this isn't a mental health issue, even if it might have began as one.

This post has been edited by Violet: Apr 16 2010, 08:17 AM

--------------------
You and me

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Apr 16 2010, 10:17 AM
Post #8

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

what kind of powers or abilities do they have, or were they just characters, and were they people in a book or did you think them up from scratch?

something's nibbling at the back of my mind, like i read or heard or was taught something about creating these things or this type thing - interesting - i will get back to you on it when i sort it out

didi you draw them, and do they have logos or shields or some kind of sigil, and special colors, and did you give them any special abilities or special personalities as you were making them real to you?

yeah there is definitely something somewhere that i'm trying to remember, or to understand...

"drawn on paper and given form, and the power to manifest by their own desire into that form, and to give one's being to these creatures for use as a pathway into this world", or something like that - now where did i hear of that before?

looking...

oh god it's that idiot marylin manson! - sorry! - never mind

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Violet
post Apr 16 2010, 07:16 PM
Post #9

Neophyte
Group Icon

I've tried to draw them and given them shape and personalities.... My drawing abilities are very poor, so that didn't work out except on rare occasions and at that point the 'character' would be ALL I could draw..... They were created with the intention of writing a story because of writing and poetry being my hobbies.

--------------------
You and me

+Quote Post

SororZSD23
post Apr 18 2010, 08:27 AM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

I've had experiences like this--starting from a very early age. All the posts given were excellent and insightful. My advice to Violet would be to examine her anxiety disorder issues (I too was eventually diagnosed with anxiety disorder). The voices and entities are parts of your own mind that you have indeed involuntarily turned into thought-forms. You can take charge of them by treating them as thought-forms and servitors. Think about your attachment to them and their attachment to you. What is the relationship? How does it make you feel? How does it help or hinder you? When and if you reintegrate them into your psyche, your mind will be more quiet and they will no longer feel like separate presences.

--------------------
Leaving aside those principles of magic that play on the superstitious and that, whatever they be, are unworthy of the general public, we will direct our thoughts only to those things that contribute to wisdom and that can satisfy better minds . . . -from De Magia by Giordano Bruno (born 1548; burned at the stake February 16, 1600).
My Webpage

+Quote Post

Violet
post Apr 18 2010, 07:02 PM
Post #11

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thank you very much SororZSD23. As I stated before this is a curious issue to me and it's become a pressing matter ever since I had my son. I've actually been a little worried that they might effect the way I am around him ..... Thank you all very much.

--------------------
You and me

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Apr 19 2010, 08:19 AM
Post #12

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

and if they won't behave or start to argue with you, or know stuff that you as their creator could never possibly know, then you will know they have been taken over

i KNOW there are invisible entities that co-exist with us everyday, some of them are my friends, and they do indeed argue and they know a lot of stuff this wordly me could never know, and they introduced me to my real self which is beyond space and time and only partially in this world - the biggest problem with that is the disassociation and loss of humanity that comes of realizing it, so if your charcters drag you out of humanness, just use your physical eyes to go back on your own - you get used to it

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Kath
post Jun 1 2010, 05:12 AM
Post #13

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(esoterica @ Apr 19 2010, 09:19 AM) *

and if they won't behave or start to argue with you, or know stuff that you as their creator could never possibly know, then you will know they have been taken over

i KNOW there are invisible entities that co-exist with us everyday, some of them are my friends, and they do indeed argue and they know a lot of stuff this wordly me could never know, and they introduced me to my real self which is beyond space and time and only partially in this world - the biggest problem with that is the disassociation and loss of humanity that comes of realizing it, so if your charcters drag you out of humanness, just use your physical eyes to go back on your own - you get used to it

it sounds as if there's several stories worth hearing in all of that.

--------------------
‘Εκατερινη
IPB Image
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Audaces fortuna iuvat

+Quote Post

Dancing Coyote
post Jun 1 2010, 05:41 PM
Post #14

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Violet @ Apr 18 2010, 09:02 PM) *

Thank you very much SororZSD23. As I stated before this is a curious issue to me and it's become a pressing matter ever since I had my son. I've actually been a little worried that they might effect the way I am around him ..... Thank you all very much.

Yes I've been taught many a thing from these entities. Some I've created, some just happened along. The ones I've created usually pass on, but some do tend to stay. I would check out Creating Magickal Entities if you want some more insight as to how the process works and if you want to compare it to your current procedure and/or understanding of entities at large.

--------------------
"Any sufficiently advanced form of magick will appear indistinguishable from science"

+Quote Post

daisyrocket
post Jun 5 2010, 03:18 AM
Post #15

Initiate
Group Icon

Perhaps, if it is your cup of tea (I don't even drink tea!), you could compose a ritual in which you bind these characters back in to yourself. I would go one at a time. Perhaps take it one a week. Do the ritual and then practice keen observation of yourself to notice any changes that occur. If it works, do it again next week, and then the next week untill nothing remains but one personality up there in the old noggin. Maybe it might work.

My personalities were never aware of each other. Took me a few months to convince everybody in me that there were others. Once they, the different aspects of my consciousness, became aware it was pretty easy to get them to meld together. I let it happen more naturally so it was slow. It took a few months, but I would do rituals if I were to repeat that. Seeing how they talk to you I would assume they are aware that you are the boss, so I don't see any of that being a problem. Unless they are causing problems, or advising you to harm others, I would be very selective about how to go about wording that to a psychologist. On the other hand, they can be VERY helpful if you know how to talk to them.

--------------------
From now on, in flaunting my vanity, I expect all and every person, while addressing one, me, to, out of respect, state all names here-in stated : m-lo, mat-chew (no one wants to chew on a full carpet,) previously-referred-to-as-matt, matthew the great. In text, one must remember not to capitalize any letters, as to su...ggest his, my own, humility. To do so would be blasphemy!

+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post Aug 11 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #16

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Violet @ Apr 15 2010, 11:23 AM) *

Since I was about 12 I would create characters as I like to call them. At first they were on paper and only there ... then they seemed to widdle their way into ... well, me. They talk and they seem to take on certain purposes within myself, almost like a strange possession or like I'm using their attributes. I know this sounds like I'm crazy, but they seem to have developed a mind of their own .... I know longer know if they even originated from me because they're so different from my initial intentions..... They even have their own .. voices now. There are now more than five of them. It's not like they're harmful, but I want to know what they are and what exactly I did to make them or where they came from if they aren't from me.

They are only in your own mind just stop focusing on them and they will go away. you didn't make anything objective so I disagree with the "thoughtform creation" title

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

Vilhjalmr
post Aug 11 2010, 01:46 PM
Post #17

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(daisyrocket @ Jun 5 2010, 04:18 AM) *

My personalities were never aware of each other. Took me a few months to convince everybody in me that there were others.

m-lo, mat-chew, previously-referred-to-as-matt, matthew the great: i'm having trouble understanding how this is possible. if they are unaware of other personalities, how did you ever figure out they were there? for that matter, how do you convince another personality of anything? when you are in that personality mode, you are that personality. or so it is for me; you might be referring to something different.

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post Aug 12 2010, 06:09 PM
Post #18

Zelator
Group Icon

^if this a multiple personality disorder some personalities very well may be unaware of others. And some may be aware while some others were not

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse