Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Past Lives?
Ancient_Soul
post May 25 2010, 10:43 PM
Post #1

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

So, I'm curious about what the views are of past lives on here?
I'm of Sicilian/French heritage and come from plain families- my dad (the sicilian side) are just a long line of fisherman (or so Ive been told), and my mom doesnt know anything about her background except that she is french and has lineage rooted in the south.
Now, growing up I have always had a higher knowledge and deep connection that I cannot explain to Ancient Greece (especially Aphrodite and their religious beliefs) and also to Gypsies. When I was little I used to have daydreams of dancing in gypsy attire around a fire, and also of running through corridors of ancient Greek temples and watching the sun set and celestial changes.
Is it possible I have a connection to these places/periods of time because of a past life? Why could I feel so strongly connected? My family knows nothing about Romani people or Ancient Greece except for me having read up on the subjects so I know I havent heard it from them somewhere.
Any explanation at all?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

NetherSpirit
post Jun 7 2010, 08:18 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Personally, I believe in past lives and have had an extremely similar experience with ancient Egypt, so my opinion is that yes this could well be linked to past life experiences. However, it could also be a particular spirit (by the sounds of it Aphrodite) communicating with you - have you tried to communicate back? It may well be worth trying!

Anyways, just my opinion! Good luck. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
Know thyself...

+Quote Post

soulmage
post Jul 24 2010, 06:31 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Im Danish but my bloodline is mostly german and some swedish.

They say the younger you are the closer connected to your past lives you are' ,, im not really sure if thats true, but i remember when i was a kid i kept drawing pyramids i was around 5 when i began to draw them and i made small workers,slaves who was walking to and from the pyramides' when i was drawing them i was kind of not here you may call it day dreaming, i believe i have had a past life being an architekt in Egypt, for many years i kept drawing these pyramides with workers/slaves, then in my teens i suddenly had this Strong love for germany and i still remember this day today that i had a dream so real that it was scary well i have had alot of them even today, however this was where i was a Gestapo i was viewing myself walking from house to house capturing people dragging them out, i remember i had this good feeling of justice', eventhough i know what i did was very wrong and bad, a part of me still have a strong connection to gestapo.

however eventhough we have many lifes i dont believe they effect us strongly unless we let them, they are guidelines from the past and i believe that when we recall them its because we are ment to remember things, like i remember slavery from egypt' putting them to work not respecting them as people they was just tools to be used, and looking at me today if i put someone to work i respect them.
and from my gestapo time i remember the untimate power and fear i caused, however i wasent using this for good, i only used this power for domination, and today if i have power i dont abuse it.

and several of my other past lifes has been at the sea being a sailor or a captain' and i still feel home on the sea, im not a sailor in this life but God i love the Ocean', however i fear it too i have a blockade within me i cant swim i believe i have drowned many times.

+Quote Post

Pyre
post Jul 25 2010, 03:03 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

I do believe it's very possible you may be experiencing these feelings because of a past life. I've always believed that the life I'm living isn't my first because I have often felt that some of my views and beliefs are out of sync with this current time period. I too have also had visions/daydreams of myself in many different places in cultures. It doesn't surprise me because I know almost nothing about my families heritage except that it's been mixed quite thoroughly through the years. Maybe if you were to go to places where you feel a strong connection to your past lives you could begin to explore why you have such a deep connection to these places.

+Quote Post

Wanderer2015
post Jul 26 2010, 01:57 PM
Post #5

Initiate
Group Icon

I strongly believe in past lives, as I have experienced myself dying in one such event in a dream. I am Canadian with strong bloodlines in both Scotland and Slovenia. I do not believe that I have knowledge of living in such grand places like Greece or Egypt. This one that I speak of is in the Colonial age, standing just in the door of a mud and sod hut on the Great Plains. In the dream I am investigating a noise outside, I opened the door and was greeted by a musket discharge. In the dream I died from a shot to the heart, I still have phantom pains to this day in that exact spot.

+Quote Post

plainsight
post Sep 5 2010, 06:56 AM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

It could just be a trick of the mind. However, I've found myself in Egypt and feudal Japan a couple times and have on occasion hear myself or someone speaking a foreign tongue in my dream, which I never really understand or somehow unconsciously picked up somewhere. I would be open to the possibility of past life, and perhaps that being a drive force.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse