Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Okay, What The Hell?
Ethereal Sight
post Aug 25 2010, 02:05 AM
Post #1

Light Wielder
Group Icon

So I was downstairs watching paranormal shows at 3AM as usual... (I have a life!!!)... and I kept hearing a *sss* noise, not continuous, but as if someone slid paper across a desk - that crisp hissing sound, if you know what I mean?

Anyway, eventually the "ss" turned into a "psst" and I got alarmed. I turned around and looked out the open windows next to me - nobody and nothing (that I could see at the time). So the show ended and I went upstairs. As I walked up the staircase from the basement to the ground floor, I saw the shadow figure of a woman for an instant - very defined in an old-fashioned dress with her hair in a bun. Needless to say, I went to see my sister/mother's awful new fashion statement, but they're both away - one in the North, one in the South, and I'm here in the middle of the two. I turned out the lights and walked upstairs, got in my room, pulled out my laptop and turned out the light and started talking to my friends - now I'm busy watching my grandmother and guardian angel munching it downstairs (and I keep hearing thumps... hmmm (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hmm.gif) ).

What alarms me so much is that usually when I see spiritual entities it's not like a person, it's like a haze in the vague shape of a person (I picked this username deliberately). Usually that haze adopts a certain color (it's completely identical to the aura of a person who's feeling a strong emotion, only without any defined physical person). That color is usually purple, blue or something of that nature (though purple is what I see with enfuriated people, so I put up some crazy shields when I see that). In this case, the person was a solid black. Was I seeing a very powerful negative aura or a "shadow person?"

There are previous experiences that may play into this.

I've felt a presence since I was young - one that would frequently involve me cowering under the sheets for hours every night. This presence would come every night for about a week or so and then go POOF - not a trace. I didn't keep track of when it showed up, though, so I don't know of any patterns.

Things have disappeared and reappeared, etc. I've been home alone and heard footsteps upstairs - not weak thumping noises, noises that would make me grab a phone and lock myself in the bathroom in the basement for fear of burglars or something.

Last night I was attempting to sleep when I became aware of another breathing pattern that was somewhat at odds with mine. Clearly audible, not snoring, just deep inhaling and exhaling. Both rooms next to mine are empty at the moment and the only other occupied one is across the hallway. At multiple points during the night I would find myself looking around from my bed for nothing in particular, just something that I knew was there. I saw a haze pass through the front of my room; almost like someone's shadow that wasn't on the wall. It was tall, grey, and hunched - literally EXACTLY like the shadow of someone with bad posture in a cloak, only, as I said, not attached to the wall. I established contact with it, and the dialogue is as follows:

Were you a man? Yes.

Are you still a man? No.

Do you mean me harm? Yes.

Why?

-no response-

Recently two wet spots appeared on the floor in our basement after a huge rainstorm. This is not unusual. What IS unusual is that the carpet was dry at the standard entry points of the water. We vacuumed it and the carpet seemed to re-wet itself over night. I've been awake roughly 2PM-4AM every day and my dad wakes up at nine, so that leaves five hours for somebody to break in, empty a few buckets of water on the floor, and leave without a trace. Uh-huh. Actually, it seems to be seeping up from the floor, but there's one problem - the floor is solid cement with no piping or anything. Rock. Solid. Cement.

Poultergeists? Methinks so.

Are these things related? What did I see? Should I be worried?

Most importantly: how do I kick this thing's ass out of my house?

UPDATE: I'm hearing the breathing again. I've even held my breath and it keeps going. This is PISSING ME OFF. I NEED TO SLEEP. NOW!!!

This post has been edited by Ethereal Sight: Aug 25 2010, 02:06 AM

--------------------
"Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the Winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of Spring." - Hayao Miyazaki (Sheeta from the film - Laputa: Castle In The Sky)
All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law. - Voltaire
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
Illusion is the first of all pleasures. - Voltaire

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post Aug 26 2010, 03:03 AM
Post #2

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

I assume you have tried Banishing rituals of various sorts, so perhaps you need to go though the house with a smudge stick and post a few seals of protection. I like Solomonic talismans myself as they are good for strong passive barriers.

If you still have the presence you could try directly confronting the thing. Most of the things you run in to- not summon- work on your mind and have little in the way magickal power. They often have a lot of physic power and will use it- hearing noises and creepy vibes while watching paranormal tv. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) But get them in to a real confrontation and shield your thoughts and there is less to worry about.

This post has been edited by fatherjhon: Aug 26 2010, 05:38 PM

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

Ethereal Sight
post Aug 26 2010, 09:44 AM
Post #3

Light Wielder
Group Icon

QUOTE(fatherjhon @ Aug 26 2010, 05:03 AM) *

I assume you have you tried Banishing rituals of various sorts, so perhaps you need to go though the house with a smudge stick and post a few seals of protection. I like Solomonic talismans myself as they are good for strong passive barriers.

If you still have the presence you could try directly confronting the thing. Most of the things you run in to- not summon- work on your mind and have little in the way magickal power. They often have a lot of physic power and will use it- hearing noises and creepy vibes while watching paranormal tv. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) But get them in to a real confrontation and shield your thoughts and there is less to worry about.

My father is a religious baptist, so posting things doesn't work under the circumstances. Banishing rituals... hehe (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif) errr no. I've never performed a ritual before and frankly I'm not sure I would know how to if I tried. Instead, I crunched it :3.

To put that in respectable phrasing, I told it about itself and why it needed to leave this instant. The wet spots dried up and there have been no more shadow people. I may have summoned it by accident as a small child - I'm not sure if something I did back then opened a portal. I basically told satan he could have my soul - i was a messed up kid. That said, there was no ritual of any sort and no repercussions and I did have an awareness of the presence beforehand, just not as acutely.

Also, I think it's important to note that nothing on tv really scares me (except the Grudge. WTF MAN.), especially Ghost Hunters, etc. I'm honestly not afraid of ghosts, etc. Spirits don't scare me - they're a natural thing and I know I have more than enough power to get rid of them if they bug me (crunch them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bruce_h4h.gif) ). So yeh, paranormal shows don't play into it at all.

--------------------
"Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the Winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of Spring." - Hayao Miyazaki (Sheeta from the film - Laputa: Castle In The Sky)
All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law. - Voltaire
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
Illusion is the first of all pleasures. - Voltaire

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse