Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Could Cartoon Character's Exist In Another Dimension?
GargoyleChick
post Jun 26 2010, 05:46 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

This may sound crazy, but when I was 13 I started to be able to sense cartoon character's thoughts and emotions. I could sense that they could see us. I would sense something off of a certain character, then whatever happened next in the show would confirm what I sensed. This happened a number of times.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? What are your thoughts on this? Could I really be sensing into another dimension or could entities in this world be giving me the senses.

I also haven't sensed these things in a long time, maybe about 3 years now.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Xenomancer
post Jun 26 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #2

Rode off into the sunset...
Group Icon
From: AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON

Cartoons, if you remember, are based off of people. Cartoons are representations of people, and therefore, have the same emotional constructs. Of course you feel as they would, because you would feel the same as that character in that same situation! Having a consistent result with a reaction that comes after the fact, as well, only confirms that, because cartoonists learn and study behavior, anatomy, and form.

Remember, before you even saw the cartoon, someone planned out the outcome for that episode! Are you feeling the emotions of the work? Or the artist's emotions? Given that you have a connection, can you not say that it would be easy to relate to the artists who orchestrated the work? After all, they are human, too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by Xenomancer: Jun 26 2010, 07:45 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
¡HA HA! ¡ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET!
-Never learn the Art of Sword before the Art of Dance. - Celtic Proverb
-Even with spiritual power, an unchecked ego will only seek to deify itself. - Frank MacEowen
-One cannot traverse waters without causing waves. - Xenomancer
-I find it interesting that we as scholars of metaphysics have no problem discussing the intricacies of the threads of reality, but when it comes to the things that really matter, we forget them. - Xenomancer
-This world is your home. We have a mix of everything here. If you want better, make better. There's no rule of going elsewhere for the tools. That's what magick is about. - Xenomancer

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Jun 27 2010, 12:08 AM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

I'd say that they exist as thoughtforms empowered by their readers' thoughts and imagination. How self-aware they are is difficult to say.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post Aug 11 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(GargoyleChick @ Jun 26 2010, 06:46 PM) *

This may sound crazy, but when I was 13 I started to be able to sense cartoon character's thoughts and emotions. I could sense that they could see us. I would sense something off of a certain character, then whatever happened next in the show would confirm what I sensed. This happened a number of times.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? What are your thoughts on this? Could I really be sensing into another dimension or could entities in this world be giving me the senses.

I imagine they could exist as much as any other archetypal being

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

Petrus
post Aug 25 2010, 02:31 AM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(GargoyleChick @ Jun 27 2010, 09:46 AM) *

You might enjoy this film:-
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104009/ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

--------------------
Magical Evocation. All the fun of train surfing, without having to leave the house.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse