Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Sudarshana Chakra, superweapon
esoterica
post Jul 3 2010, 11:06 AM
Post #1

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

The Sudarshana Chakra (Sanskrit: सुदर्शन चक्र) is a pirouetting, disk-like super weapon with 108 serrated edges of Hindu God Vishnu. The Sudarshan Chakra is portrayed on right rear hand of the four hands of Vishnu

interesting...

--------------------
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

kaboom13
post Jul 6 2010, 07:26 AM
Post #2

Unregistered

Yes. Though its an awkward to be on a simply diplomatic basis with him. I stick with the Vajra.

+Quote Post

Dancing Coyote
post Jul 9 2010, 02:23 AM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

Lots of hinduism in the 'aether' lately, not only is it noticible here in the forums, i have been researching it extensively with someone from nepal to answer my questions. i happen to pop over here and what do I find? It just so happened i found this hindu the day after i went out for their sacred text. I don't usually fall prey to superstitious coincidences but this is getting redundant. I do however have a question for the forums, which I'm afraid to ask my friend: how would one attone for snake killing in the hindu belief system? I had a supernatural expierence as a child, a bunch of snakes surrounded me and started hissing at me, and as a child my responce was to scream and run away. After that I killed them when I got the chance because I was raised in a christian environment, I kinda wish I would have sat down to listen to the snakes. How could I apologize to the cosmos?

--------------------
"Any sufficiently advanced form of magick will appear indistinguishable from science"

+Quote Post

kaboom13
post Jul 9 2010, 08:08 AM
Post #4

Unregistered

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or not, but from my understanding of hindu karma, there is not specific manner to atone for a specific crime or action, as its not necessarily possible to ascertain a specific karmic result. This is generally from the fact that in a state of mortal sentience (which will generally continue to exist until we don't have bodies anymore), our scope of everything is limited. I think Robert Svoboda's Aghora (first book) cites many many cases, regardless of whether or not they existed or not, were fairly good examples that karma is really something that you can't specifically work for or against.

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Jul 9 2010, 08:20 AM
Post #5

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

build a shrine to the snake clan! - try to find one of those stones with a lot of holes in it for them to shade themselves, with maybe a small bowl in one of the holes to provide water that will also attract nice things for them to eat, and put in a unmown field somewhere - of course anyone that comes across it will kill them immediately so it would be nice to hide it - been thinking of doing one of these myself, just waiting for it to cool off before i go to the flint river and see if i can see another one of those stones with all the holes in it - kinda looks like a sponge - in the meantime i keep the grass here as unmown as possible, mainly for the fairies but also for snake - only a human would appreciate a manicured lawn

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Vilhjalmr
post Jul 9 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

No atonement is necessary; it won't help the snakes now, after all. Rather, the only atonement required is gaining a lesson in the deaths of those snakes, and perhaps saving some, or some other animals, in the future.

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

Dancing Coyote
post Jul 10 2010, 02:40 AM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

I was below the age of fourteen, the mahabarata claims anyone under that age is to be guilt free for crimes and whatnot. I think that applies here too, I just need to not kill snakes from now on? Hah. Why would snakes do that anyways (any explinations)? And what is this 'secret weapon' about?

--------------------
"Any sufficiently advanced form of magick will appear indistinguishable from science"

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Jul 10 2010, 07:37 AM
Post #8

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

i want to do my shrine because i still feel creepy-crawly when i see a snake - the shrine isn't so much for them as it is for me, as a method of atonement for cringing when i see one - it is a built-in reaction, but from nowhere in my past - a past life perhaps?

the superweapon is the superweapon of vishnu, and did you notice it was a chakra? - very very interesting, which is why i posted it

http://www.writespirit.net/stories_tales/s...udarshana_chakr

This is the story of how Vishnu's Sudarshana Chakra came into existence. The asuras, or demons, were extremely bad. They always tortured the cosmic gods. At one time, the cosmic gods were suffering so much from the attacks of the demons that they went to see Lord Vishnu. They wanted to seek his help in defeating the demons.

Vishnu said to them, "I do not have enough power to defeat or destroy the demons. I must seek help from Shiva. I will ask him to give me a special weapon that will help me defeat the demons."

When Vishnu went to Shiva, he found Lord Shiva in trance. Vishnu did not want to disturb Shiva's meditation, so he started praying and praying to Shiva with the hope that one day he would come out of his trance.

Every day, for years and years, Vishnu prayed to Shiva, meditated on Shiva and chanted Shiva's name very devotedly. He offered one thousand lotus blossoms to Shiva every day. Each time he offered Shiva a lotus blossom, he would chant Shiva's name.

This went on for such a long time and still Shiva remained rapt in trance. Poor Vishnu was helpless! The gods were being mercilessly tortured by the demons and he was unable to save them.

Finally, after many long years, Shiva came out of his trance. Vishnu's joy knew no bounds. He ran to gather one thousand lotus blossoms so that he could worship Lord Shiva and ask for a special boon.

Shiva had already decided that he would grant Vishnu the boon, but first he wanted to play a trick on Vishnu. He secretly went to the spot where Vishnu had placed the lotus flowers and stole one flower. Now there were only 999 flowers.

After making all his preparations, Vishnu began to worship Shiva most devotedly. One by one, he offered the lotus flowers and chanted Shiva's name. When he came to the end, he realised that one flower was missing. He had only counted 999. That meant he had to go and find one more lotus. Instead of doing that, he immediately plucked out one of his eyes and placed it before Shiva.

When Shiva saw that Vishnu had such devotion for him, he said, "I will grant you anything that you ask for."

"Please give me something that will help me to conquer the asuras," said Vishnu.

Shiva replied, "I give you this round disc. It will help you to conquer all your enemies. No matter how many demons come to attack you and the other gods, you will be able to defeat them all with this disc."

The name of the disc was the Sudarshana Chakra. When Lord Krishna took incarnation, Vishnu gave him this chakra, because Krishna was the embodiment of Vishnu. Krishna could immediately use the chakra at any time; it was his own property. Sri Chaitanya also used the Sudarshana Chakra a few times. He was able to invoke it and it would come to him. When he wanted to kill Jagai and Madhai, for example, he invoked it. These two ruffians saw it coming from Heaven and became extremely frightened. Before it reached them, they surrendered to Sri Chaitanya.

The Sudarshana Chakra is not thrown. With will-power it is sent against the enemy. It rotates very, very fast after leaving the finger and chases the enemy. The chakra itself is round and has something like the points of arrows all around its edge. It has tremendous occult and spiritual power to destroy everything. Nobody can stand against the Sudarshana Chakra.

This post has been edited by esoterica: Jul 10 2010, 07:43 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse