Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Seeing Energy/mana/magic/whatever You Want To Call It
Pyre
post Jun 24 2010, 08:07 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I was wondering if anyone had ever experienced this. I know at times I can see energy, or at least what I perceive to be energy, floating around every now and then. However, it's never consistent and happens at random times and in many different ways so I'm not 100% sure that what I'm seeing is actually energy. So I was just wondering if anyone else had an experience they might like to share.

This post has been edited by Pyre: Jun 24 2010, 08:46 PM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Ethereal Sight
post Jun 24 2010, 08:39 PM
Post #2

Light Wielder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pyre @ Jun 24 2010, 10:07 PM) *

I was wondering if anyone had ever experienced this.

Oh, all the time. One of the many reasons I hate bright sunlight; the energy patterns are really distracting. Also I have no depth perception and my eyes hurt. A lot.

--------------------
"Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the Winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of Spring." - Hayao Miyazaki (Sheeta from the film - Laputa: Castle In The Sky)
All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law. - Voltaire
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
Illusion is the first of all pleasures. - Voltaire

+Quote Post

Vilhjalmr
post Jun 24 2010, 10:36 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

What does it look like? What made you decide it was energy?

Energy is more of a concept than one concrete thing one can see. For instance, a rock on top of a cliff has more (potential) energy than one on the ground, but nothing about the rock has actually changed.

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Jun 26 2010, 03:48 AM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

If Bym were here he would say something about how it is common to have 'floaters' in your eyes and see something unclear floating through the air. It might even be water droplets or dust in the air. But it might be energy. Perhaps if you described it further to us we could give a more dependable answer.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

NetherSpirit
post Jun 26 2010, 12:47 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ethereal Sight @ Jun 24 2010, 09:39 PM) *

Oh, all the time. One of the many reasons I hate bright sunlight; the energy patterns are really distracting. Also I have no depth perception and my eyes hurt. A lot.

I'd say that's most likely a horrid side effect from the bright sunlight, as opposed to actual energy, but I could be wrong. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blablabla.gif)

As for seeing energy etc, I'd recommend learning to view auras and practising scrying. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) A rather handy exercise I found for improving astral sight in general is to cover one eye with a hand, let the other eye relax and allow images to form - this may take a few attempts to get any real results but once it begins to work you'll find viewing things on an energetic level much easier. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
Know thyself...

+Quote Post

Pyre
post Jun 26 2010, 02:10 PM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

Well the energy, and I use energy for a lack of a better word to describe what I'm seeing, takes a number of shapes. Sometimes they'll be bright dots that hover around certain places, objects or people. Other times they're waves. I don't always see it when it's light outside either. For instance, when I go to bed and I've turned off all the lights I'll still be able to see it floating around. I'm sorry if the description is inadequate, but I can't really think of the words to properly describe what I'm seeing. I guess this might be due to the fact that the energy doesn't take a set form all the time.

+Quote Post

coppa0
post Jun 26 2010, 09:03 PM
Post #7

Initiate
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ethereal Sight @ Jun 24 2010, 09:39 PM) *

How can you not have depth perception? You do have 2 eyes, don't you?

+Quote Post

Kath
post Jun 27 2010, 02:49 AM
Post #8

Zelator
Group Icon

there is a phenomenon called "retina burn" where if you stare at a light for a prolonged period, and then look elsewhere, you will see a green dot in the shape of the light, everywhere you look. slowly this dot will turn red, and then fade away to nothing.

Further, there is a phenomenon which is related to this, but has no technical name that I know of. I call it "retinal static" it is related to retina burn, but it is more diffuse, random, and morphs a lot. if you stare into pitch black darkness you can see it best. You can also see it against any backdrop, even bright white. It is easiest to see though, when looking at a featureless plane (like a blank sheet of paper, or a sky, etc. just a backdrop which isn't intricate with it's own detail). Just basically un-focus the eyes, and perceive this sort of phosphorescent effect occurring inside your eyes. If you close your eyes, and then press firmly but gently on your eyeballs (while closed) after a couple seconds this colorful light show will erupt in a greatly intensified appearance, sometimes with pretty patterns & colors. when you release, it will gradually fade back down to a minimal level, and it seems to pulsate slightly as it fades.

I am not certain that this is what people often refer to as auras. I think some who claim to see auras are talking about this though. It does occur in the eyes, not outside them, you can tell because in perfect darkness the scenery does not move when you turn your head. It is useless to use this to navigate a pitch black room for example. Actually, I think that would be an excellent test of actually being able to see auras. if you could be placed in a large pitch black room, with another person some distance away, and then 'pin the tail on the donkey' without needing to try more than once. I honestly doubt most who say they can see auras could do this. if they could then they should, it would make an excellent case study of the effectiveness of metaphysical ability.

I realize this goes against the general desire for magical powers, ability, etc. I myself remember asking my mother when i was a small child, "what are all the colored lights around stuff?" which she thought was a very troubling question actually. I see retinal static fairly strongly it seems. It would be easy to just say "oh i see auras too!" but I don't feel it would be valid for me to say that. I see something which in a pure darkened room, moves with my eyeballs, and does not hover around external objects, as you would expect an aura to do. I've no desire to falsely claim a metaphysical ability.

Now that I've outlined that I *think* people are perceiving something other than 'auras' when they think they see auras... I'm going to backtrack a bit and say that I think that this "retinal static" is a very random fluid dynamic thing to look at. It reminds me a great deal of television "snow" from tv's before flatscreens. The thing about this sort of random highly dynamic field, is that it is an almost perfect storm as a skrying medium. Television snow is the most ideal visual field element I have ever seen for the purpose of visual skrying (I highly recommend it). And if retinal static is in many ways similar to a faint layer of television snow in the visual field, then it stands to reason that it could be an effective skrying tool as well. Thus, I think it is theoretically possible that a person could 'skry' auric sight, using retinal static as a skrying medium. I have not managed it, but I could see it being theoretically possible.

PS - what are called "floaters" are just dust & debris in the fluid on or inside your eyes. If you get an excess of them then you need to see an optometrist as it can be an early sign of vision problems.

This post has been edited by Kath: Jun 27 2010, 02:56 AM

--------------------
‘Εκατερινη
IPB Image
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Audaces fortuna iuvat

+Quote Post

grim789
post Jun 28 2010, 12:46 PM
Post #9

Zelator
Group Icon

Yes i do believe what you are seeing is the aura of people everyone has this ability just developing it is key.. If you wish to see it a very easy way is to look at the moon at night and look at the blue aura.. I think this is what you might be seeing just a theory.

--------------------
When the devil cries in agony who then comes to his aide.

+Quote Post

Ethereal Sight
post Jun 28 2010, 05:22 PM
Post #10

Light Wielder
Group Icon

I see extremely bright white or blue dots. It's like watching electrical sparks or someone welding something. They appear often in rain or thunder clouds. There's also just a kind of throbbing that exists around things with energy that I see - like an alteration of the outline of the object. I see them inside and outside as well, but sunlight just makes the throbbing around things more intense because heat manifests itself that way (no, i'm not talking about heat haze.) I also sometimes see little circles that blow or drift around during rain.

--------------------
"Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the Winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of Spring." - Hayao Miyazaki (Sheeta from the film - Laputa: Castle In The Sky)
All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law. - Voltaire
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
Illusion is the first of all pleasures. - Voltaire

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Jun 30 2010, 01:36 PM
Post #11

Zelator
Group Icon

While I can't say with absolute certainty, after all I am not looking at it through your eyes and seeing energy is experiential and personal. However most of what you are describing has a mundane explanation. Unless you are one of those few people who has grown up always being able to see energy you only would see it when you are in an altered state of consciousness. These 'naturals' or gifted people see the human aura or that of other living things in full colour and in detail and they cannot turn it off. It is constant, and the ones I have talked to about it say that it is an annoyance interestingly enough. But the rest of us only see energy when in the right state of consciousness. Our levels of consciousness change constantly however, and you might not notice particularly when you happen to be at the right state of consciousness to see energy. It can creep up on you. Or you can develop the control to see or feel energy at will through practice.

Just taking me as an example, I can feel energy at will, but only see it when I happen to drop into the right level of consciousness --generally this is when I am performing bodywork or during or right after meditation. I may see the person's aura in bright florescent colours, or I may only see the outline dimly or as a blur. I often will see people's aura exude extensions like arms that may touch or hook into the aura of another person. I may see the aura of a tree or plant. Groups of plants like grass may have a collective aura.

But I don't see energy floating through the air in the clouds or sky. That seems to me to have some other explanation. I have always seen it connected to a living thing or things. However there are training methods on the net or in books to learn to see energy if you want to put the time and effort into it.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse