Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Problem With Astral Projecting
Shogunronin
post Aug 6 2010, 05:46 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

For some reason im losing faith in astral projection completely because on MANY attempts nothing happends...im laying down doing the rope technique by Robert Bruce and it just seems like im imaginging it and wasting my time. When I do it I have full faith , I feel the temperture drop in my body and kinda feels like im floating but I open my eyes and im still laying down on my bed, doesnt make sense..anyone help?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Wolfheart
post Aug 7 2010, 12:20 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

You're probably opening your eyes too early. Even though you feel like you're floating and your tempature has dropped, continue to climb the rope. If you become too stressed on making failed attempts, then take a little break from trying to AP.

+Quote Post

monkman418
post Aug 11 2010, 01:37 AM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shogunronin @ Aug 6 2010, 06:46 PM) *

For some reason im losing faith in astral projection completely because on MANY attempts nothing happends...im laying down doing the rope technique by Robert Bruce and it just seems like im imaginging it and wasting my time.

Entering the astral plane starts with the imagination. The fact that you feel like you're imagining it means that you're doing it right.

Of course, the next question is whether or not there is anything beyond the imagination, anything truly "astral" to be experienced. I'll let you play with it and decide for yourself. Just don't forget that it STARTS with the imagination ( and it might even continue to act through the imagination, or not), but play with it.

I'm left with a nagging feeling though that some of your real disappointment has to do with a desire about what you want the astral to be in contrast to what it might be in actuality. There's been a lot of fantastic and false claims made by swindlers about what the astral is and isn't, so be prepared to throw any and all of them away once you make your own investigation.

This post has been edited by monkman418: Aug 11 2010, 01:41 AM

--------------------
MonkMan418
---------------------------------
"It sometimes strikes me that the whole of science is a piece of impudence; that nature can afford to ignore our impertinent interference. If our monkey mischief should ever reach the point of blowing up the earth by decomposing an atom, and even annihilated the sun himself, I cannot really suppose that the universe would turn a hair.” --- Aleister Crowley

“We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
--- Stephen Hawking

Therefore, God is a monkey.

+Quote Post

Musky Tusk
post Apr 7 2011, 06:13 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

I've been trying to astral project recently as well. I'm almost done reading Astral Projection and the Nature of Reality by John Magnus
I've been trying a different technique and although I haven't been able to AP I've noticed each time I honestly try, I have very intense dreams that I can remember in great detail.
I think it's just practice makes perfect, just don't stop trying! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
I'm gonna check out the rope technique and see what happens for me

This is John Magnus method if you are interested:(this is paraphrased, I don't have enough space to quote the author)
1. Make sure to turn off your alarm clock and make sure no one/thing wakes you in the morning or during sleep. Might have to tell family/friends to not wake you up.
2. Forget about anything you have to do the next day, work, errands, friends, etc., release your stress. You may find it helpful to meditate before going to bed.
3. Lie down in bed (preferably alone, someone in bed with you may touch you during sleep, possibly causing you to snap back to the physical body) and tell yourself "I WILL AP tonight". (Apparently the subconscious will take orders from the conscious in this way)
4. Think to yourself as you lay in bed that you intend to transfer your consciousness from your physical body to your astral body, and just let everything sink in for a moment.
5.***** This is the bulk of the technique here- Visualize yourself standing in an open field. Visualize the field as vividly as possible, feel the grass on your feet, the sun on your skin and wind blowing around you. Say again that you intend to temporarily leave your physical body. Keep visualizing and imagining everything as real as possible. Keep doing this as you fall asleep. If you wake up in the night just continue visualizing as you fall back asleep.
6. "Close to dawn you will wake up in a fuzzy, floating state of mind. It may feel as if your mind is unsynchronized with the body, as if the mind can't gain command over the body"
"Continue to visualize and allow yourself to drop a little closer - but not all the way- to sleep. The floating sensation increases. You will receive a distinct signal from the body that says it is ready to release you. Apply an exit technique. For example, push your right shoulder forward to get momentum to roll out of your body. Since the physical body is already asleep, your semi-physical shoulder will move instead. Your awareness will roll inside the body for a second, and then eject from the body on the left side. If that does not work, push your left shoulder forward instead and roll out to the right side. Have a nice time in the astral."
The rolling is just as it sounds, while lying just turn your shoulder in to roll over like a log out of your body- Be careful! I rolled over in my physical body and rolled right out of bed, hit the floor knees and head first- great way to start the day (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Good luck! and post again if you have any success or interesting experiences

--------------------
Compassionless love!
“Science is always discovering odd scraps of magical wisdom and making a tremendous fuss about its cleverness.”
“The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal.”
- Aleister Crowley

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse