Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Spells You've Heard To Summon A Specific Spirit?, One without hard to find ingredients?
Rae
post Aug 17 2010, 08:28 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hi guys,
I was wondering if you knew any spells to summon spirits (specific ones, any entity as in it used to be human/animal or god/dess). Preferably one without items that are insanely hard to find (I have chamomile and candles right now...not a good selection (IMG:style_emoticons/default/oops.gif) ).

Or how would you go about creating these types of spells? I don't have much experience with them and I know I shouldn't be asking this, but I was hoping to summon a family member, you know, just to see how he's doing.

BB,
Rae♥

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

kaboom13
post Aug 17 2010, 09:29 AM
Post #2

Unregistered

I'd honestly say that, if you feel they're doing well, they're most likely doing well. Being summoned is like being called on every phone in your house at 3:30 in the morning, with no caller id, repeatedly until you pick up. Its not very fun.

Take a memory of them, isolate their frequency, then just ask them how they're doing. No need for this summoning business. What exactly would burning herbs and lighting candles do? It isn't like those who were from these parts would find that burning lavender and basil would do much or something.

+Quote Post

Rae
post Aug 17 2010, 10:11 AM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(kaboom13 @ Aug 17 2010, 10:29 AM) *

I'd honestly say that, if you feel they're doing well, they're most likely doing well. Being summoned is like being called on every phone in your house at 3:30 in the morning, with no caller id, repeatedly until you pick up. Its not very fun.

Take a memory of them, isolate their frequency, then just ask them how they're doing. No need for this summoning business. What exactly would burning herbs and lighting candles do? It isn't like those who were from these parts would find that burning lavender and basil would do much or something.

I wouldn't be too good at the frequency thing. I don't know what I'd be expecting, but I'd have dreams about him, and sometimes I feel that he stills wants something done. I don't believe he's earth-bound or anything (I believe for some weird reason that the spirit can travel from the afterlife and back here without too much problems).

I don't want to disturb my grandfather, but I want to see how he is and I need some advice from him.

+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post Aug 17 2010, 11:28 AM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

http://www.amazon.com/practice-magical-evo...g/dp/3921338026

big help for me. when evoking things remember you're the boss. Like when a cop pulls you over they're usually friendly enough, but the law is still in their hands

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

Rae
post Aug 17 2010, 02:49 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thanks for the posts, guys. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

monkman418
post Aug 18 2010, 12:31 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rae @ Aug 17 2010, 09:28 AM) *

Hi guys,
I was wondering if you knew any spells to summon spirits (specific ones, any entity as in it used to be human/animal or god/dess). Preferably one without items that are insanely hard to find (I have chamomile and candles right now...not a good selection (IMG:style_emoticons/default/oops.gif) ).

Or how would you go about creating these types of spells? I don't have much experience with them and I know I shouldn't be asking this, but I was hoping to summon a family member, you know, just to see how he's doing.

BB,
Rae♥

Hey Rae,

You're asking lots of good questions.

I generally refer people to 777 as a general recipe book for invoking and calling forth practically anything. It's a list that corresponds a lot of the ingredients you'd might want to use in a spell, but that still wouldn't answer your question.

The ingredients you use in a "spell" don't matter. A spell isn't like a recipe for cole slaw where you have to use specific ingredients like cabbage and mayo. Rather, it's the extent to which the actions, words, and symbols in the ceremony correspond and thus vibrate with the "spirit" (or whatever) you want to contact. That's because the real goal of all magical spells is to make everything you see, hear, touch, imagine, and think about during the ceremony correspond to the idea, person, or spirit you want to make contact with.

A ceremony can be very elaborate, using complex Qabalistic numerology, references to where the spirit resides on the tree of life (e.g., 8 candles to summon Hermes, who resides in the 8th sephirah Hod), can be performed "at the hour of mercury" astrologically, et cetera. But these are all ideas of Mercury-- ideas in the mind of the magician. Our goal is to simply overwhelm our mind with the idea of the spirit in question, and there are lots of ways to do this. Insofar as the spirit is real and may be contacted any set of symbolism will work.

While you may want to eventually design elaborate ceremonies when you have the resources and knowledge to do so, in the meantime you can start with less complex ones. I'd also like to quote from Crowley's Liber O on this point:

"the student should do nothing the object of which he does not understand; also, if he have any capacity whatever, he will find his own crude rituals more effective than the highly polished ones of other people."

You don't need candles, special oils, rare metals or complex figures carved into gold tablets to write a spell, even as you'll readily see how these things will help bring your mind to the right idea. Spells that use elaborate physical symbolism aren't necessarily more powerful (at least at this stage), they are only complex ways of trying to get your imagination to resonate with the idea in question. Nor do you need to memorize the occult encyclopedia or possess extreme knowledge (though the more the better)--- because it's not the knowledge, but what the knowledge represents in reality. All you really need is the idea, and if you have that you'll be able to easily write a spell.

BTW, the same thing goes for necromancy, at least as I've seen it presented. Eliphas Levi writes about evoking a shade in his Trancendental Magic, and the method is the same. I don't remember the exact process he used, but (to write my own version), he went to a room made out to look like the room the person used to inhabit, cooked the person's favorite meal and served it, placed a number of objects that used to belong to the person in the room, and did this all at a time that corresponded astrologically to that person (on their birthday).

Having explained all of this, I'm not quite sure how to tell you to actually 'write' a spell. It's more a work of art than a methodical procedure. That said, the general template when doing spellwork is:

1. Banish (LBRP)
2. General invocation (e.g., middle pillar ritual, or the greater invoking ritual of the pentagram)
3. The spell itself
4. Banish (or not, depending on the operation, generally banish).

Which still leaves the spell itself, which is however you want to represent (and get your mind in tune with) the "spirit" or whatnot. Write and perform a song. Draw a picture (e.g., the sigil of the spirit, or a picture of the spirit). Write and recite a poem about the spirit. You can use props if you want, e.g. candles or whatever, but they're not necessary.

Anything left unclear?

This post has been edited by monkman418: Aug 18 2010, 12:39 PM

--------------------
MonkMan418
---------------------------------
"It sometimes strikes me that the whole of science is a piece of impudence; that nature can afford to ignore our impertinent interference. If our monkey mischief should ever reach the point of blowing up the earth by decomposing an atom, and even annihilated the sun himself, I cannot really suppose that the universe would turn a hair.” --- Aleister Crowley

“We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
--- Stephen Hawking

Therefore, God is a monkey.

+Quote Post

Rae
post Aug 18 2010, 04:40 PM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thank you Monkman, good post!

I don't think you left anything out, just a lot to take it at once, so I know when I try it that I've got it right.

How exactly (the basics) would you do each of those steps? I've vaguely heard of LBRP, but I haven't done it or invoke/evoked a spirit, either. Looking for a more safe way to do it, even though I completely trust his spirit. Just don't want to attract malevolent ones with him.

Thanks for your help. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

monkman418
post Aug 18 2010, 06:19 PM
Post #8

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rae @ Aug 18 2010, 05:40 PM) *

Thank you Monkman, good post!

I don't think you left anything out, just a lot to take it at once, so I know when I try it that I've got it right.

How exactly (the basics) would you do each of those steps? I've vaguely heard of LBRP, but I haven't done it or invoke/evoked a spirit, either. Looking for a more safe way to do it, even though I completely trust his spirit. Just don't want to attract malevolent ones with him.

Thanks for your help. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Cool! You're very welcome.

The LBRP is a good place to start. In the Golden Dawn the LBRP was the first solo ritual that aspirants learned, and they often practiced it for an entire year before moving onto other material. Today, the LBRP continues to be widely used across the occult field. I don't think you need to practice it for a year, but I think knowing the LBRP well (and having it memorized) will really help you.

Here's two audio recordings by Dr. Israel Regardie that will walk you through all of the steps and visualizations needed to perform the LBRP:

Regardie's LBRP Part 1
Regardie's LBRP Part 2

You can practice along with the recording, though you will need to hit "part 2" at the conclusion of part 1 in order to finish the ritual. These are exceptional recordings, and Regardie makes all of the steps very clear. And here's a text version of the LBRP you can print out if you'd like to read along as well.

I hear you re: safety. Don't worry, the LBRP is perfectly safe and in fact serves as a fulcrum of safety in ritual work. You can clear the circle before you use it, and clear the circle after you use it. And if anything nasty turns up, even something that seems truly dangerous, the LBRP will take care of it.

Regards invocation...Dr. Regardie's middle pillar ritual has also become a classic. Here's a walk-through tape that seems good (if a little dry). And a text version that seems decent enough.

Focus on the LBRP before the Middle Pillar Ritual. These are very basic but very powerful spells that you can use in nearly every future operation.

I don't have any experience with true necromancy, so I can't really give you any advanced instructions beyond my general advice from earlier:

"Eliphas Levi writes about evoking a shade in his Trancendental Magic, and the method is the same. I don't remember the exact process he used, but (to write my own version), he went to a room made out to look like the room the person used to inhabit, cooked the person's favorite meal and served it, placed a number of objects that used to belong to the person in the room, and did this all at a time that corresponded astrologically to that person (on their birthday)."

Make sense? Good luck with those rituals!

This post has been edited by monkman418: Aug 18 2010, 06:22 PM

--------------------
MonkMan418
---------------------------------
"It sometimes strikes me that the whole of science is a piece of impudence; that nature can afford to ignore our impertinent interference. If our monkey mischief should ever reach the point of blowing up the earth by decomposing an atom, and even annihilated the sun himself, I cannot really suppose that the universe would turn a hair.” --- Aleister Crowley

“We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
--- Stephen Hawking

Therefore, God is a monkey.

+Quote Post

Rae
post Aug 19 2010, 12:19 PM
Post #9

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thank you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
You give very well detailed answers (and a lot of advice). I don't think I'll be doing any summoning for awhile, do some other spells first, you know? I'll check those links out soon enough (if you say they're good, they must be!).
I've got a book of a friend's with a bit of LBRP, so I'll read up more.

+Quote Post

NetherSpirit
post Aug 19 2010, 05:12 PM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

I'd recommend reading up on symbolism, it'll help you with spell construction in general. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) "The Mystic Symbols" by Brenda Mallon is a great book to learn about symbolism and I'd definitely recommend it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

If you want to contact a relative who has passed away, have you tried scrying? That may be easier than evoking your relative.

Good luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/egypt1.gif)

--------------------
Know thyself...

+Quote Post

kaboom13
post Aug 19 2010, 10:00 PM
Post #11

Unregistered

Actually, given some thought, If I were you, I'd recall everything about them.

I'd start with some equivalent of LBRP, or just calming down, give yourself the space to think and breathe. One memory, one object, keep going, do that whole movie thing that's probably copyrighted, and get so many memories that it eventually becomes their form.

The next part for me is a bit tricky, but its pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Let your mind's eye wander. Do not try to visualize anything. Exerting any control on that environment will not work. I'll give an example of something I see, which is probably not what you'll see:

After I gather the individual, I see myself standing on a small bridge overlooking a pond. From the bridge, I touch the water, and quickly the reflections invert. I am both the reflection and the reality, and eventually, I plunge (or perhaps rise) out of the water. Usually after that, I'm standing in a place i'm pretty used to: A gigantic temple, with a a gigantic bowl the size of a wok made out of something nice and shiny. I do stuff, usually a large amount of ceremonial ritual that involves lots of flashes and bangs, and calling forth and begging a variable amount of gods for something, then I eventually get dismissed, and everything occurs in reverse, and I"m nicely grounded and centered. I usually check my hands and body and then get up from whatever I was doing and get onto my usual business.

You will probably see something completely different. From what I understand, this could be astral projection, or just the way my brain interprets the creepy depths of my mind. Anyhow, for me, this a gateway into something either far, far out, or deep deep within, or both, but I usually get any answer I want there.

+Quote Post

Rae
post Aug 20 2010, 09:03 AM
Post #12

Neophyte
Group Icon

I've done something like that before, except visualization? Exactly how do you not visualize? Isn't just letting your mind go similar to imagination? Not much luck with astral...so yeah.
But thank you for the post. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Silver Dragon
post Oct 8 2010, 11:56 PM
Post #13

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rae @ Aug 17 2010, 10:28 AM) *

Hi guys,

In days of yore, a lot of magickal practitioners would throw in hard-to-find ingredients (eye of newt, dirt from the grave of a virgin, etc.) on purpose in order to safeguard their grimoires (lest the uninitiated use their own spells against them).

That hard-to-find ingredient or complicated piece of ritual may well have been intended as a red herring.

--------------------
IPB Image Silver Dragon

Follow Me on Facebook

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Oct 27 2010, 09:20 PM
Post #14

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

In my opinion I think the dreams you have of your grandpa are part of your personal connection to him and that through your dreams alone, you can tell who he is and was and how he is doing now. Maybe instead of trying to "summon" him, maybe instead just create a dream journal. Something where you can jot down your dreams and make note of family. It doesn't have to be complex and you don't need anything but pencil and paper. Just use it as a tool to remember him through your dreams. Through this way, you won't be disturbing him. On the other hand, I can't imagine a grand parent who love's their grand children, not wanting the occassional visit either.

In my world view, I don't think it takes much to talk to loved one's who have passed. Maybe find a place where you and him spent time together, some place you both enjoyed and just spend 15 minutes or so trying to remember the good times there. Its ok to touch things that are familiar, try to relive smells, and sights and maybe some thing funny that happened. Then just start talking to him as though he were there. It doesn't have to be major. Just a simple "hey its me, grandpa". And go from there. Maybe tell him about your day or how you did at school and when you talk to him, know that his presence is there and that he can hear you, even though you may not be able to directly hear him. You may not realize it at first - but he'll answer if you are willing to listen. It may not be in plain english. Maybe just a change in temperature. Or a slightly breeze. You may hear a faint echo or feeling tingling in the skin. You might feel a pulsing sensation in your head or maybe you'll dream about him that night. All are signs that you are in contact with your family member (be it your grandpa or someone else, depending on who you are tring to reach out to).

If you cannot actually go to that special place that you shared with your grandpa (which can be anywhere, as long as its a shared experience, by the way) then instead light a white candle. Place it in front of you, if you are religious, maybe say a small prayer in your grandfather's honor. And try to visualize that place with as much detail as you can. Relive as much as possible through your own memory. Through this process you can again, reach out to him and try to talk to him the same way as though you were at that special location.

Understand that experiences like these can be emotional. Even painful at times - or elating. It doesn't have to be sad but joyful. Its another sign that this is working. What is important is that you allow yourself to feel that emotion. If you feel like crying - cry! If you want to laugh - laugh! And realize you are doing it.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse