Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 My First Spell - Why It Didnt Work
robotron
post Dec 3 2010, 09:59 AM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

Hello. I have just started in magick. I have read liber null, futureritual and i am now reading 11 lessons in magick. Does this all worrk? I have tried a seduction spell multiple times, but it seems it has done nothing. Is magick real???
Also is there a link between magick and law of attraction? Do you think law of attraction works?
Any way here is the spell, in any case:

1) Form your statement of intent.
2) Energize with breathing.
3) Create your magickal self and zip it up inside you.
4) Sit in your circle.
5) Visualize and feel a circle of energy. It becomes a tunnel to the target.
6) Reach out and yank the tube into your physical space. Get the sense that the actual
person is standing there in your circle.
7) Create a golden rapport bubble surrounding you both.
8) In imagination, open arms and greet warmly. (Alternative: shake hands warmly.)
9) See your energy extending from your solar plexus to theirs. Represent the same
thing also connecting your third eyes (middle of your forehead) and your groins.
10) Unzip the target, releasing their energy.
11) Unzip yourself, allowing your energy to flow into the target.
12) Physically reach out and remove the target’s head, lowering it over your own.
13) Mentally say, “As I place this head on mine, I automatically and unconsciously
absorb everything I need to seduce and influence this person.”
14) Place their head back on their own body.
15) Mentally step around behind the target. Imagine your arms around her. Imagine
you can feel what she would feel. Simultaneously imagine the sensations from
both perspectives.
16) The two of you now watch a movie screen that shows the two of you doing
whatever it is that you want the two of you to be doing.
17) As this occurs, describe to her all the benefits and values and good feelings that
flow to her as a result. (You should be able to do this in order for it to work.)
18) Step into the target on the movie screen. Feel what she feels as she’s doing
whatever she is doing.
19) Step into the target as she’s standing in the circle, watching the movie play. Feel
what she feels as she watches herself.
20) Keep narrating to her how she is responding. Specifically tell her about her own
responses. Make sure you give her warm, safe, comfortable feelings before you
turn up the heat to more exciting feelings.
21) Step outside of all that. You’re still in the circle with her; see her standing before
you. Say, “You want this now, don’t you!”
22) Hear and see her give her ascent: “Yes, yes I do.” Then zip up her energy
meridians. Lock them closed, locking those thoughtforms inside her.
23) See the energy of those thoughtforms vibrating within her, and spreading up,
down, and all throughout her body.
24) Tell her, “Go. Make these thoughts your own, until you’re compelled to act on
them.” [At this point on the tape, Ross instructs the students to cross out the next
three steps in this ritual that appeared on the original handout. I left them out of
this document as well, as they were unnecessary.]
25) Zip up your own energy meridians.
26) Close the ritual by saying, “My will is now truly and well done.” (Or something to
that effect.)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Draw
post Dec 4 2010, 04:24 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

Dude! thats way to complicated! a seduction spell? really!?

Reading through it makes it seem like a kind of like..
program her imagination to find you sexy while binding a portion of her soul to yours to imitate love...

It might work on SOME girls but i bet it wouldn't work on anyone you actually cared for, luck with-standing.
Do you love the girl?

The reason for it's failure is that it the process long and stupid, it probably worked very well for the guy who wrote it,
I can see what he's getting at with step #15, lots of stuff works well with a bit of that.

Do you want to fall in love get laid or just get attention?

Make your own spell.
I would recommend something that takes it's time but gets stronger every minute
also to change your own heart and mind in equal measure with her's
don't use concepts you don't understand, magick is something you already understand, use your instincts
make it so that your courtship with her is still important, your every expression can be the way the magic works.
get emotional about it
burn a red candle an repeatedly say something silly
if your after a one-nighter, just become the ideality of the man she would like to have freak passionate sex with.
if you want something more, it's about mutual acceptance + growing into another roll.

Love come's in a billion forms, think about what kind you want an she wants.

Good-luck!
p.s. magic is REAL i tell you REAL

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Dec 4 2010, 09:43 PM
Post #3

Practicus
Group Icon

Mmm, what is your previous experience with magic? Feeling energies and visualizing things will work, but eventually, after you are familiar with the actual sensations surrounding magical action. There is a particular sensation which amounts to a subtle structure, that occurs during magical ritual, and during the moments of opportunity created by that resulting ripple. If you don't find that sensation and learn to work with it directly, all of this is simply taking place in your imagination, which is the weakest possible action you can take magically, aside from simply saying "I hope this girl will like me."

Try another version that doesn't involve any kind of visualization.

You can create your own ritual, but be sure that it involves elements that symbolize:
1. Your Desire
2. The focus or means by which you wish that desire to come about
3. The object of your desire (the girl) - this is separate from the desire itself.
4. A setting reflective of the 'stage' for this desire - these are the ornaments of the circle whether those are names of angels, divine names, a particular altar cloth, etc.
5. A force that will put this effect into action, whether that is a fervent prayer to a relevant deity, a magic wand, etc.
6. Finally, a token of some sort symbolizing the entire endeavor, which you are to afterwards either utilize appropriately or else put away in a secret place. (so, a bracelet or ring, versus a sigil that you might wrap in silk and place in a special box for such things).

This is a basically a bare bones list of essential requirements for the ritual. However you represent them, without something to represent Desire, Intention, Will, Power, and Skein/Framework, you aren't engaging the part of you that accomplishes magic.

So, for instance, in the same order:
1. Your desire to have the girl, perhaps a red apple.
2. The focus, maybe a lodestone if you wish to draw this girl to you.
3. An object could be a part of her, like hair or the like, could be a picture, or could be a handmade doll (very simple) or a satchet of some kind, with her name written on it (or inside if it is a satchet).
4. Setting, you might include the names of various gods of love and lust around the border of the circle, you might decorate the ritual space in reds and purples, or include statues of some god or goddess (I suggest a god and a goddess if you want to go the deity route, maybe aphrodite and pan, for instance). This includes appropriately colored and possibly decorated/carved candles, etc.
5. Some ritual implement like a wand or sword, or an amulet dedicated to your patron deity, or something of this nature. I know a practitioner who had his wrists tattooed with divine names of his patron god and goddess, and used mudras during his rituals. But there needs to be some kind of special object which is considered the conduit for the force that will accomplish this task, and it needs to be very special to ritual use.
6. You might have a bracelet with your names intermingled (Jason + Ashley = JAASSHOLNEY; example), or a sigil on consecrated paper, upon which the elements from point 1, 2, and 3 were set upon during the ritual. Or, a carving of a man and a woman engraved with symbols of love and lust, etc. Something representative of what you want, that will be a constant. In this case, I do reccommend something you can eventually destroy if the need arises.

Of course, you should have some kind of invocation to a presiding power (even if that is your true self/subconscious/etc. it doesn't have to be a deific power unless you believe in deities, in which case that is a better idea), a conjuration of the powers involved (could be fire and water if you want that male meets female setting), could be venus and mars, could be moon and sun, etc., and finally a conjuration of the actual intention. They don't have to be very long, but they do need to be memorized so that you can flow through the ritual easily. If there is any part you want to 'ab lib' I suggest you pick a particular phase, maybe that the end, or as an opening invocation to the universe to state your intention. However, I don't recommend you ab lib at all.

Perform the ritual with awareness, and speak as if you are speaking to some power that is present, not as though reciting something to yourself. Don't spend ritual time wondering if anything will happen, don't wait for some sign that it is working, just plan your actions, perform the ritual, close in whatever way you do, and then calmly clear everything up appropriately and go do something else. Don't hang on every moment waiting for magic to happen, just be aware and observant and take advantage of opportunities when they happen.

I would also say don't do this kind of magic, but you'll probably have to learn that on your own. Definitely make the object or anchor something you can destroy when you eventually need to.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

robotron
post Dec 5 2010, 07:28 PM
Post #4

Initiate
Group Icon

Ok heres the deal. i think this girl is the perfect for me. But i dont have a crush for her or any emotional luggage. I just know that we are perfect for each other and we share soo many commonalities. Each completing the other. I have a very limited time space to do it as she will soon leave my town. In the past i had her attracted to me, although then i was too scared immature and inexperienced to escalate. I know that if i have the chance to be the two of us for some time, i can get her back (not that i really had her: irony)

From magick, i am clueless. I read liber null, and futiuritual but i cannot understand how magick works. Why it works, or even the process to create a ritual you want. From process wise i just know how to create sigil, and i know that you can charge it with any strong emotion, even physical sense like masturbation.

I didnt really understand the rituals you described, i am starting to get frustrated of the limited time... Is there a ritual you know it works?

also you said this:

"I would also say don't do this kind of magic, but you'll probably have to learn that on your own. Definitely make the object or anchor something you can destroy when you eventually need to."

Why do you say that?

Thanks a lot guys!

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Dec 5 2010, 08:44 PM
Post #5

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(robotron @ Dec 5 2010, 08:28 PM) *

From magick, i am clueless. I read liber null, and futiuritual but i cannot understand how magick works. Why it works, or even the process to create a ritual you want. From process wise i just know how to create sigil, and i know that you can charge it with any strong emotion, even physical sense like masturbation.

Desire, intention, and will are three elements within the human psyche and spirit which operate upon the physical (I want a drink of water, so I get a drink of water and carry out all the necessary actions to attain that desire); the psychic (I want to imagine a day on the beach, so I do that, and my psyche carries out all the necessary actions to attain that desire); and the subtle/spiritual/astral/causal levels as well in ways that are less easily described, suffice to say that your spirit carries out similar actions. In ritual, you align your desire, intention, and will through symbolic actions and call some power (whether it is internal/personal or spiritual/impersonal is debatable) to affect changes on the causal plane. When you have more experience, it is more intuitive than it sounds.

I didnt really understand the rituals you described, i am starting to get frustrated of the limited time... Is there a ritual you know it works?

I can't guarantee any ritual because I have no idea if you are able to carry it out properly or not. Beyond that, we don't go around handing out rituals just for the asking to new members. It's not so much a secret issue as it is a matter of community.

also you said this:
"I would also say don't do this kind of magic, but you'll probably have to learn that on your own. Definitely make the object or anchor something you can destroy when you eventually need to."

Why do you say that?

Thanks a lot guys!

I do not doubt your sincerity about how you feel about this girl, although if there is no strong emotion there, you say there is no 'crush' etc., then I wonder whether you are judging with your head or heart in the first place.

The thing of it is, you're accounting for your perceived compatibility - you didn't mention how well and personally you know her - without considering things like the work it takes to stay with someone as they change. You have to have a true love for someone, Agape itself, to see those changes through and appreciate someone not just for their compatibility with you, but for their differences as well. You have to be willing to grow with a person, be changed by them as much as you will inevitably change them.

It sounds trite, but it is better to be ready than to be sure. Take opportunities when you see them, and pursue whoever takes your fancy, but always remember that when it is time, it will be time, and until then no amount of magic will make it time - although magic can bring that time closer if you're willing to sacrifice the experience you would have had otherwise.

Your spirit directs your experience in as much of what could be called a 'plan' as anything else. In its own natural course, you will have experiences that will make you ready for that moment when it comes, if you are introspective and aware of yourself as you have them. If you want to use magic to make this happen more quickly, you will be asking to learn those lessons as quickly as possible, and it is not gentle. But, it works better in the long run than picking a person out of any crowd, no matter how perfect you think they are for you. I took this route, and I wouldn't have expected my partner to be the one I ended up with, but we are very happy going on two and a half years. My expedited lessons were very harsh, but I'm better for it. We even dated when I was younger, and broke up because I thought we weren't compatible. I thought I knew who the perfect match was, and we had even declared for one another. But, not so.

If you use magic to encourage this girl, then the list of ways it can go wrong is a long one. Maybe she will simply not be who you thought she was when you have her to know her long enough. Maybe she'll turn out to be unstable when it comes to relationships (especially having these sudden and foreign feelings for you that you apparently only return mentally and not emotionally). She may come to resent you for not feeling as intensely as she does, but rather than leave she brow beats you constantly to make you feel the way she does. Maybe there are other attachments to her you don't know about and don't have time to consider when you use magic to compel her to you. Maybe the true match for you is already around you and you don't know it - and you miss out on her because you are fixated on this girl and using magic to attach her to you.

That's a short list of examples. Magic to attract the love of a particular person is not very useful. If she is the right person for you, then all you need to do is to show her that, show her who you are and tell her how you feel. If she isn't, then magic isn't going to make her right for you.

That is why I say that. So, give it some real thought. I'm not going to give you a ritual. You have plenty of information now that you can use to piece one together if you still want to, I gave good examples in those steps. But, my personal advice, after a LOT of experience with love and sex magic - who doesn't try at some point? - is to approach love without magic. Love is its own magic, and if it's going to happen, you can't stop it anyway.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

robotron
post Dec 6 2010, 04:09 PM
Post #6

Initiate
Group Icon

Thanks a lot. I understand you and no problem! I will try to create a ritual from what you gave me. What i really want is not a ritual to get her attracted to me, but a ritual to give me time with her, the circumstances where we can have a conversation, as this is the problem nowadays. By the way, the two books i have read offer general details. Is there a resource (a book, or maybe a thread at this forum) on how to create your own rituals? Oh, and something else.. will only creating a sigil and charging it work? Thank you very much!

+Quote Post

Lichdar
post Jan 17 2011, 06:49 AM
Post #7

Initiate
Group Icon

As someone who has used love spells before, I now feel that they're usually not worth it. I don't particularly regret using the one I did and it did in fact, bring me the girl I wanted(but mind you, not without a lot of additional effort and past magic work), but she turned into FAR more of a hassle than I could have imagined at the time. I have a feeling that while 'karma' doesn't exactly 'punish' you for generally decent intentions, it will make your life rather interesting.

On the other hand, there is experience to be gained from using magic, so what is to blame about that? As for the practice, I will say that repetition, discipline and a genuine will untainted by emotion is the best way about it. You must not feel very strongly about it - simply because it inteferes with the working. Its like forging a sword and paying too much attention to the joy of finished product - you are far more likely to slip up and cut off your fingers.

+Quote Post

monkman418
post Jan 20 2011, 09:31 PM
Post #8

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lichdar @ Jan 17 2011, 06:49 AM) *

she turned into FAR more of a hassle than I could have imagined at the time.

MUHAHAHAHA!

She and every other bloody woman, mate.

...and men are no better.

Anti-love spells are useful for this reason.

(cynical and grumpy rant follows)

And jeeze, if it isn't "meant to be" for whatever reason the magick won't last anyway! And what's "wrong" if it doesn't work in the end? You get burned? You realize what kind of person you really want to be with instead? And if it does work, then what? Oops, already nipped it in the bud!

Practice no magick, learn nothing, let the universe decide what is going to happen for you. Because magick influences the world in an unnatural way, forcing things to happen, and you'll regret it in the end.

(end cynical/grumpy rant)

Ideally, magick is supposed to bring oneself in line with the "natural course of the soul," to use Vagrant's language. I think the real difficulty here is not knowing from the get-go what the course of one's soul is supposed to be, and it gives me shudders to think that being foreclosed in life would be preferable to "trying stuff out and messing it up." To quote Jack London, I'd rather be ashes than dust...and don't forget that the phoenix always rises from the ashes.

This post has been edited by monkman418: Jan 20 2011, 09:35 PM

--------------------
MonkMan418
---------------------------------
"It sometimes strikes me that the whole of science is a piece of impudence; that nature can afford to ignore our impertinent interference. If our monkey mischief should ever reach the point of blowing up the earth by decomposing an atom, and even annihilated the sun himself, I cannot really suppose that the universe would turn a hair.” --- Aleister Crowley

“We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
--- Stephen Hawking

Therefore, God is a monkey.

+Quote Post

Waterfall
post Jan 20 2011, 09:57 PM
Post #9

Neophyte
Group Icon

Robotron asked:
From magick, i am clueless. I read liber null, and futiuritual but i cannot understand how magick works.

Neither does anyone else, really. Some good theories are athttp://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/chaos/texts/model.html

+Quote Post

Vilhjalmr
post Jan 21 2011, 02:19 AM
Post #10

Zelator
Group Icon

Hey, Lichdar. Cool to see you here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) This guy knows his stuff, y'all.

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

Lichdar
post Jan 27 2011, 05:21 AM
Post #11

Initiate
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vilhjalmr @ Jan 21 2011, 04:19 AM) *

Hey, Lichdar. Cool to see you here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) This guy knows his stuff, y'all.

Alas, my wisdom is extremely limited although I do try things out so I'm not entirely an armchair magician.

And in my case, it hsa worked out though it has saddled with significant responsibilities, none which I could have forseen at the time. Still, I think it has been wonderful for the growth of my soul and insofar as destiny goes, I believe that for every act of choice, there is a predetermined element; but there is also an element of choice for every predetermined moment. Everything is ultimately synthesis.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse