Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Regarding Musical Instruments
VioletCalla
post Jun 9 2013, 02:45 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

This is a crazy question. I just bought myself a ukulele. It brings me a lot of joy when I deal with the negativity in my life. That alone is enough, bt I thought of something more. Would be wise to maybe enchant the instrument or charge it with some sort of intent or purpose? If so, would it be wiser to charge the strings to do so, and once my goal is accomplished, remove the strings, enchant a new set, and continue to play for ritualistic purposes? Or would it be better to carve out my own instrument?

I'm not sure if it would be possible, but it sounds like a neat idea to me. Wanted to know what you guys thought.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Bb3
post Jun 9 2013, 06:30 AM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

Enchant away! But I would shy away of the making your own instrument unless your skills in both realms are quite amazing... That's not a path to tread for the most part... at least, unless you want to tempt a lame fate.

--------------------
Mad skillz

+Quote Post

VioletCalla
post Jun 9 2013, 08:38 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bb3 @ Jun 9 2013, 08:30 AM) *

Enchant away! But I would shy away of the making your own instrument unless your skills in both realms are quite amazing... That's not a path to tread for the most part... at least, unless you want to tempt a lame fate.

Strangely enough, I have no clue ho to incorporate this in ritual. It's an odd idea that I just thought of.

Not sure where to start.

+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post Jun 10 2013, 07:26 AM
Post #4

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

QUOTE(VioletCalla @ Jun 9 2013, 10:38 PM) *

Strangely enough, I have no clue how to incorporate this in ritual. It's an odd idea that I just thought of.

Not sure where to start.

Then its best not to. Rituals are rarely made better by whimsically adding "cool stuff" to them. If you have a particular spell that would necessitate or in some way benefit from a enchanted instrument then analyze exactly makes it necessary, and use magick to enhance that aspect. Otherwise, you just wast time and energy trying to shoehorn in something that does not really fit.

You asked about how wise it would be to enchant the instrument but did not say why you thought it would help or even in what way it could. Before you start on the particulars of enchanting have a purpose in mind. Often once you look at the intended purpose you find magick is not needed. For example, you use the ukulele to bring you happiness. Fair enough, do you need a spell to do that? You already have that.

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

VioletCalla
post Jun 11 2013, 08:40 AM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(fatherjhon @ Jun 10 2013, 09:26 AM) *

Then its best not to. Rituals are rarely made better by whimsically adding "cool stuff" to them. If you have a particular spell that would necessitate or in some way benefit from a enchanted instrument then analyze exactly makes it necessary, and use magick to enhance that aspect. Otherwise, you just wast time and energy trying to shoehorn in something that does not really fit.

You asked about how wise it would be to enchant the instrument but did not say why you thought it would help or even in what way it could. Before you start on the particulars of enchanting have a purpose in mind. Often once you look at the intended purpose you find magick is not needed. For example, you use the ukulele to bring you happiness. Fair enough, do you need a spell to do that? You already have that.

Well, I thought it was fairly obvious that I should never do anything without an intended purpose.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse