Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Handwriting The Necronomicon, Re-arranging
Shogunronin
post Sep 27 2009, 05:33 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hi there just a quick question about handwriting the Necronomicon. I just am in abit of confusion because I would like to re-arrange some of the contents of the Necronomicon as it seems to be all over the place although I read in the Simon Necronomicon that nothing can be changed in the contents, should I just keep it the same or is it okay to re-arrange some of it ? Also is it a good idea to write the Necronomicon sign on the front of the book?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Imperial Arts
post Sep 27 2009, 11:21 AM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shogunronin @ Sep 27 2009, 04:33 AM) *

Also is it a good idea to write the Necronomicon sign on the front of the book?

If you're going to do something, do it right... and make it look witchy!

I really enjoy making illuminated manuscripts. What sort of copy do you plan to make? You could put forth tons of effort and end up with a chickenscratch blank journal filled with Bic penmanship, or you could invest in a large tome bound in crocodile skin and filled with calligraphy. I guess it depends on how much you want to put into it. No matter what, you'll discover details you had never before seen when you write things out by hand.

Maybe you want to make all of these in separate books, or on a long scroll? You could etch the Maqlu text on plates of copper in the Alphabet of Daggers. You can do all of these things and have something that fits your unique sense of style while not altering the contents.

I thought you might enjoy these india ink pictures from the Magan text.

This post has been edited by Imperial Arts: Sep 27 2009, 01:43 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post

Shogunronin
post Sep 27 2009, 03:07 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thank you alot for showing me the pictures they look really interesting and awesome I deffinitly enjoyed those! I would love to make a amazing tome, although im tight on money atm (damn studenthood haha) so I think im gonna get a basic journal and copy it into that, I think at some point in the near future im gonna re-copy it all out again into a real Tome i think that would be really cool and would add to the eerieness which would deffinitly improve the potency.

+Quote Post

XIXxApolloxXIX
post Sep 30 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

definetly a great idea if u wanna discover things about the nec that u didnt notice before!
he whether u rewrite it on a journal or tome i think it will help u become closer to it in a sense,
also if ur thinking about publishing it??? lemme knoe! lol i enjoy reading on the occult especially the nec, which seems to be my focus point at the moment,
good luck on writing it. oh and dont forget to give us any feed back if anything crazy happens. lol

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

StarFireRhythm
post Oct 6 2009, 04:56 PM
Post #5

Initiate
Group Icon

Imperial, those are fantastic!

+Quote Post

XIXxApolloxXIX
post Oct 6 2009, 11:39 PM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

All right,
well now i myself am interested in writing a personal tome. lol
so i have a brief question that deals with handwriting the nec, because my book will be based on the nec, so i was wondering....
Does anyone knoe of any appropriate blessings and purifications i should use on the tome before i begin writing it??

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Rand al' Thor
post Mar 13 2011, 03:28 PM
Post #7

Initiate
Group Icon

QUOTE(XIXxApolloxXIX @ Oct 7 2009, 12:39 AM) *

All right,
well now i myself am interested in writing a personal tome. lol
so i have a brief question that deals with handwriting the nec, because my book will be based on the nec, so i was wondering....
Does anyone knoe of any appropriate blessings and purifications i should use on the tome before i begin writing it??

I'd Like to know this too! This sounds very interesting. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mf_bookread.gif)

+Quote Post

Enumbisag28
post Jul 3 2015, 07:50 AM
Post #8

Initiate
Group Icon

When I handwrote it out, one of the things I done was add ancient titles of Marduk, the Conjuration of the Water God, and other spells from the Files section of DisciplesofEnki.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse